Here's every point ever:

Why *insert salt*

Shits classic

But *thing that was abused relentlessly and changed isn't classic*

Repeat to infinity
Old 10-29-2019, 12:49 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagglebaron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you have actual counters to any points I’ve made, I really would like to hear them. Maybe I’m looking at this wrong, but my points seem valid. If you’re just here to troll (see what I did there), thanks for stopping in I guess.
Here's a counter: shit's classic.
Old 10-29-2019, 12:58 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here's every point ever:

Why *insert salt*

Shits classic

But *thing that was abused relentlessly and changed isn't classic*

Repeat to infinity
I feel like this is the ultimate answer/truth lol, we can consider this thread a wrap.
Old 10-29-2019, 01:17 AM
Fire Giant

P99 is selectively classic. Like all the xp quests being nerfed isn't classic
Old 10-29-2019, 01:25 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P99 is selectively classic. Like all the xp quests being nerfed isn't classic
Well, we could add the level restriction on the Rogue epic, the nerf to Ivandyr's Hoop, AoE max targets for Bards, Chardok AoE nerf, some rechargable items being okay to recharge and others that could classically be recharged via vendor being prevented, etc. There's a lot of changes that P1999 put in for rock solid reasons. And then there's changes made to remain absolutely classic that appear questionable at best or petty at worst. Or non classic changes made just in the name of expediency.

A player always has the option to pick up their ball and go play elsewhere. Attempts in using reason or even facts tend to draw out the drug addicted spitefulness of the spectators, that's for certain.
Old 10-29-2019, 01:53 AM
Planar Protector

Mage pets were research only 24+ until May 1999. Copious amounts of proof in this thread:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=336142

Your pets shouldn't be casting spells or dual wielding, or even wielding weapons at all at this point in the timeline, so consider yourself lucky [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Enchanters also have a fun surprise waiting for them.
Last edited by Dolalin; 10-29-2019 at 02:06 AM..
Old 10-29-2019, 01:55 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagglebaron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The skill needs to be trained up, which is a Herculean task, and the combines can easily fail. The higher the words the harder they are to get as well. I mean if this was for an extra element or tool of the class like damage shields or something, I’d understand, but for their pets?
I dont understand... just dump your skill points in Research. There is no cap on this like some skills. Nobody seems to know this.

Now if you've been throwing away your skill points... you're gonna have a bad time...

There is no other skill as a class with Research that I can think of dumping more than the one initial point in to. Maybe some tradeskills sure...
Old 10-29-2019, 01:56 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mage pets were research only 24+ until May 1999. Copious amounts of proof in this thread:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=336142

Your pets shouldn't be casting spells or dual wielding, or even wieding weapons at all at this point in the timeline, so consider yourself lucky [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Enchanters also have a fun surprise waiting for them.
Eww what??? The no Clarity thing? Does it get even worse?
Old 10-29-2019, 01:58 AM
Planar Protector

Research can be trained at the GM all the way to 200 for about 2k so it's nothing more than a plat sink. It'll be ok guys.

On a side note, I suggest befriending a bard.
Closed Thread