Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2019, 01:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this a thing in the P99 forums? Whenever something happens everyone has to have their own personal whine thread about it? Are people here that starved for attention?
never heard of her
Old 11-03-2019, 01:06 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this a thing in the P99 forums? Whenever something happens everyone has to have their own personal whine thread about it? Are people here that starved for attention?
P1999 is a great place, been here for years, truly #blessed that such a thing exists in this day in age. That said, P1999 is also a refuge for mal-adjusted manbabies who have nothing better to do, which brings with it a bunch of unfortunate behaviors. Mix that with the staff's laid-back attitude toward forum moderation and you get the P1999 forums, where the internet's finest all have a soapbox to voice their crappy "opinions".
Old 11-03-2019, 01:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by krilla [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P1999 is a great place, been here for years, truly #blessed that such a thing exists in this day in age. That said, P1999 is also a refuge for mal-adjusted manbabies who have nothing better to do, which brings with it a bunch of unfortunate behaviors. Mix that with the staff's laid-back attitude toward forum moderation and you get the P1999 forums, where the internet's finest all have a soapbox to voice their crappy "opinions".
aka this is how the Teal server was birthed
Old 11-03-2019, 01:10 PM
Kobold

Teal is happening. Suck it up, buttercup.
Old 11-03-2019, 01:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Like for real. The drama that came from the overcrowding was hilarious and I’d like to see it continue, but now there’s this brand new drama over the fix for the initial drama and I’m just so lost lol.

Why does this upset people so much??
people live in different timezones and thus experience different levels of content scarcity, and also are absolutely unable to apprehend this fact, causing great confusion when posts based on such different perspectives collide in infinite majesty on prooject 1999 dot com slash forums

the solution is server pop based spawn rate normalization but i'll take a server split
Old 11-03-2019, 01:26 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
people live in different timezones and thus experience different levels of content scarcity, and also are absolutely unable to apprehend this fact, causing great confusion when posts based on such different perspectives collide in infinite majesty on prooject 1999 dot com slash forums

the solution is server pop based spawn rate normalization but i'll take a server split
Not really, the wiki has 10 years worth research and documentation of spawn timers. Normalizing spawn rates for every zone isn't the best solution IMO.
Old 11-03-2019, 01:31 PM
Fire Giant

there was 1600 people online at 10AM EST (7AM PST)
there was 12 druids in EK charming with 2-3 bards Quadding. I ran to Oasis to see if maybe I could play there, there's a group killing stuff in every corner (orc highway, orc ruin, croc 1, croc 2, derv) Went down to Guk to see what was up there, 45 people in the zone. Did some /who on unrest.

I don't love the idea of teal but when I can't play at all, I can see why they are doing it. I logged on early morning to get some XP in, seems like most people had the same idea.

I mean just because a zone like permafrost is far away.... doesn't mean it should be ignored. I wish there was more incentive for people to go off the beaten path, I know Perma for only 20% extra XP seems bad risk,but there is alot of unused zones.

I thought green might force people to get off the beaten path and go to weird zones for XP but I guess it's hard to justify running thru west karana for 20% XP in a dungeon with alot of casters when you can just go get double XP in Guk or Unrest assuming you find a group.

Classic does not seem like it was made for 2000+. Kunark would add Lake of Ill Omen, WW, Overthere which all add a shit ton of level ranges viability grouping and soloing.
Old 11-03-2019, 01:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
there was 1600 people online at 10AM EST (7AM PST)
there was 12 druids in EK charming with 2-3 bards Quadding. I ran to Oasis to see if maybe I could play there, there's a group killing stuff in every corner (orc highway, orc ruin, croc 1, croc 2, derv) Went down to Guk to see what was up there, 45 people in the zone. Did some /who on unrest.

I don't love the idea of teal but when I can't play at all, I can see why they are doing it. I logged on early morning to get some XP in, seems like most people had the same idea.

I mean just because a zone like permafrost is far away.... doesn't mean it should be ignored. I wish there was more incentive for people to go off the beaten path, I know Perma for only 20% extra XP seems bad risk,but there is alot of unused zones.

I thought green might force people to get off the beaten path and go to weird zones for XP but I guess it's hard to justify running thru west karana for 20% XP in a dungeon with alot of casters when you can just go get double XP in Guk or Unrest assuming you find a group.

Classic does not seem like it was made for 2000+. Kunark would add Lake of Ill Omen, WW, Overthere which all add a shit ton of level ranges viability grouping and soloing.
Did you happen to ask any of those groups if they had spots or if there was a list going?
Old 11-03-2019, 01:39 PM
Kobold

Standing in line isn't classic
Old 11-03-2019, 01:40 PM
Fire Giant

Imagine being 40, single, overweight, unemployed, and EXTREMELY mad when a new elf world gets created
Closed Thread