Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: What do you think will happen?
The USA will buy the UK to make them great again 15 14.02%
The monarchy will collapse, England to become Venezuela 2.0 10 9.35%
UK to sink in total recession, AM/Riot to rejoice about this new stream of jobless apps 25 23.36%
The UK will do just fine, will claim back USA, India, Australia and all other ex colonies 23 21.50%
The EU will make Boris Johnson fuck a pig live on TV, or they kill Harry 19 17.76%
Bush // towers 39 36.45%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2019, 06:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're not talking about a very big community outside of a couple of cities. How that made headlines I'm not sure.

66.44m

Number small, other number much bigger
Old 11-03-2019, 06:07 PM
Planar Protector

Labour tends to have the muslim vote by religion, a counterpoint might be antisemitic but it might light a fire under them to vote for Corbyn...as horrible as it sounds.

I'm surprised that kind of headline was allowed to be published with any strong Brexit headlines apparently coinciding with a rise in racist attacks across the country.... but again... that's if you believe it.
Old 11-03-2019, 06:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

66.44m

Number small, other number much bigger
Thats less than 0.4% of the country. So I'll make the point again - why does 0.4% of the country's population get a headline on their intentions at a general election? A lot of the UK's muslim voters aren't big on Jewish communities due to Israel etc, and they tend to be typical Labour voters. I'd expect a few cries of anti-Semitism.

It's extremely rare to see a traditional Jewish family anywhere in my county or the ones surrounding it. I know they exist, but they're mainly concentrated into suburbs of London and other cities.

Fish and chips... one of the UK's favourite foods, has its origins in a Jewish part of East London. Fried fish was big when a lot of Jewish migrants came in the 19th/early 20th century. If you wanted a fact for the day <3
Old 11-03-2019, 06:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thats less than 0.4% of the country. So I'll make the point again - why does 0.4% of the country's population get a headline on their intentions at a general election? A lot of the UK's muslim voters aren't big on Jewish communities due to Israel etc, and they tend to be typical Labour voters. I'd expect a few cries of anti-Semitism.
The headline is one hundred percent anti-semitic, whatever it takes to get more votes for the Tories.
Old 11-03-2019, 06:26 PM
Banned

Quote:

It's extremely rare to see a traditional Jewish family anywhere in my county or the ones surrounding it. I know they exist, but they're mainly concentrated into suburbs of London and other cities.

Fish and chips... one of the UK's favourite foods, has its origins in a Jewish part of East London. Fried fish was big when a lot of Jewish migrants came in the 19th/early 20th century. If you wanted a fact for the day <3
I can't tell if I'm agreeing with you because I don't speak British.

Isn't Corbyn a leaver though?
Old 11-04-2019, 01:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The headline is one hundred percent anti-semitic, whatever it takes to get more votes for the Tories.
Corbyn is a well documented anti-Semite

I would know
Old 11-04-2019, 04:16 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm sure every Jew in the U.K. will emigrate if someone other than a Tory wins, that seems like a prediction a person who isn't crazy would make.
Not if someone other than a Tory wins, just Corbyn - who is an anti-semite and leads an anti-semitic party. Not sure why this is difficult to believe, look at what's happening in France and the exodus (pun intended) of Jewish people from there.
Old 11-04-2019, 04:18 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Isn't Corbyn a leaver though?
Historically yes, but his current position is to negotiate a new withdrawal agreement with the EU, then put it to a referendum and campaign against that deal for remain.
Old 11-05-2019, 04:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrombosis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Historically yes, but his current position is to negotiate a new withdrawal agreement with the EU, then put it to a referendum and campaign against that deal for remain.
Technically that way, the UK doesn't have any control over anything in terms of how the EU conducts itself but we have to continue putting in 55million-60million GBP a week, have no control over our own borders, our own waters in terms of fishing and a bunch of other stuff.

So what you're getting there is Neville Chamberlain the 2nd, seeking appeasement because he's too weak to stand up to what's wrong with an out of control Germany.
Old 11-05-2019, 05:58 AM
Planar Protector

Doesn't the UK have a veto for constitutional changes to EU treaties as well as other areas like justice, taxation and others i have forgotten?

Not that vetos ever get used...
Closed Thread