Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 03:46 PM
Fire Giant

First let me say that I donated before all of this happened because I believe, and have hope in the Pantheon project.

I would also like to say I respect that the staff on P99 want to promote this project which is trying to advance something similar to the classic EQ feel in a new way.

What I am actually concerned about is the non classic exp pots used to promote this classic feel game, and to a lesser degree the special in game quest hosted by Nilbog.

If this was done by the other members of the server staff I could understand, most of them at one time or another have promoted ideas that conflict at least partially with the classic feel of the server, but Nilbog? Nilbog has been the hard-line classic feel promoter for the server forever, but now that Nilbog has given the OK for non classic items and quests to be used in the game, but why? Promoting the game for raffle tickets for a classic cool item like the guise or pre nerf fungi are totally awesome, but why non classic things?

This is totally your server, you can do whatever you want with it and I am pleased you allow us to play in this box, but I have to wonder what the logic of you breaking from your multiple year pact for this server you created? From an outside perspective it seems like it goes against everything you've been promoting for years now.
Old 02-02-2014, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr3am [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They should shut the server down and let you all think about how ungrateful and stupid you are. I would be tempted to in their positions, rather than spend my time and effort on a bunch of ungrateful crybabies.
Probably a good thing you don't run anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr3am [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How is someone getting access to Velious early a pay-to-win? Because they can get items farmed before you? Are you all really that selfish that someone getting something before you makes you cry like stuck pigs? If someone gets 7 days early access and farms spells and armor before I get there, then GOOD they are out of my way when I go to do it myself.

Bunch of crying whiners.
So, I'm not sure if you realize but there's a very competitive raid scene on p99, and that's good because it's part of a healthy classic EverQuest environment.

Look at it this way - what if I could round up 20 or so other people and pay the NFL 100 million dollars to win the Superbowl? I'm sure there would be millions of pissed off football fans all over the world.

That's obviously a bit of a hyperbolic analogy but it's essentially the same concept here. I don't really care if someone gets their Velious quest armor a week before me, but what I care about is that it gives them a huge advantage when Velious actually drops for everyone and people start racing for raid kills. I want to lose on Zlandicar because we were out-mobilized or we wiped, I don't want to lose to Zlandicar because the guild competing with mine spent thousands to get all their tanks and clerics in full sets of Velious gear before anyone else could even zone in. And I won't even be able to see Zlandicar if they don't remove things like SS keys and CS portal keys from people who get early access, since that allows people to circumvent the huge bottleneck that is getting access to WW (where 90% of the Velious raid content is at).

Nah, I'm not flailing my arms around and threatening to quit or anything, I'm just stating that I'm disappointed with the way things are being handled. I'm all for Pantheon getting funded and playing it in a few years, but I don't want it to negatively affect my mmo experience now.
Old 02-02-2014, 04:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
...That's obviously a bit of a hyperbolic analogy...
Old 02-02-2014, 04:20 PM
Sarnak

If you have 5k to drop on a game thats not even made yet your wife or girlfriend should slap the shit out of you and then make you buy her another diamond ring while she sucks you dry.
Old 02-02-2014, 04:30 PM
Banned

cant wait to see everyone lvl 60 that buy 100 % xp pots and get it in a 2-3 days
Old 02-02-2014, 04:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildino [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What next ? A movie cost money to make so we need spectators to donate and also help write the story ...
Actually yes. They have done this forever. It is what started Angel Investing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angel_investor
Old 02-02-2014, 04:48 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya'll just need to drink a few xp pots and chill the fuck out

this.

wtb pantheon asap. listening to brad and salim get excited was enough for me. im a nerd just like those guys. i will do all i can to help. <3
Old 02-02-2014, 04:49 PM
Sarnak

How is the account doing for the server? Don't wan't the server to go in the red but if there is extra Rogean and Nilbog, why don't you give it to Pantheon?

Do some kind of /random or something for the whole server to decide who gets the pledge reward or have no one get it, whatever :P.
Last edited by Brad_mo123; 02-02-2014 at 04:52 PM..
Old 02-02-2014, 05:14 PM
Aviak

Pantheon may be a great game, but I will reserve judgement until later. I do support anyone who intends to return the MMORPG genre to its roots, which is a big reason I was interested in P99. What I do not support is the staff making very public floggings in regards to RMT and then following up with a staff endorsed RMT system. Pimp Brad's game all you want, but it's more than a tad hypocritical to push RMT incentives on the masses even if it is for a "good cause."
Old 02-02-2014, 05:21 PM
Fire Giant

This whole mess just feels weird and perverted. I only speak for myself, but I've lost a lot of respect for the staff with this decision. I hope good things come of this, but I feel like good graces have already been squandered.

Millburn Pennybags - Blue
Palmer Eldritch - Teal
Closed Thread