Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 06-26-2023, 04:22 PM
Fire Giant

I got a priceless fist now and it rules
Old 07-19-2023, 07:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thGate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stunned, mezzed and DA players automatically drop to the bottom of the aggro list, so can you spinstun yourself with a orb of confusion to drop aggro if you're DPS? I don't know, I don't have one and haven't gotten around to asking someone to test it.
On p99, the da aggro drop is only while the da is active, after it wears off you get the aggro back.

According to TAKP research, when you da the aggro is supposed to drop permanently. So you should be able to use a bard in a wizard group or da ears to go wild with dragonbanes on vyemm, for example. TAKP made a game balance or classic experience decision to use unclassic da aggro mechanics like on p99, where da only drops the aggro while da is active and gives you all the aggro back once it drops.

It is probably a bigger balance issue over there in PoP where wizards are dps beasts. It read to me like velious era is supposed to have the da drop aggro permanently, too. I'm not sure if anyone has tried to get p99 to implement that.
Old 08-12-2023, 03:45 PM
Orc

Runed Fighter Staff is the best droppable weapon 1-50.

T Staff is best droppable weapon 50-60.

Herbalist Spade > IFS simply for the root proc. Paralyzing Earth has saved my ass loads of times. Easy to solo a melee mob if you can root it, back up and bandage, then get back to killing it.

Gozzrem's Shovel is amazing. I was doing close to top DPS with Focus, VoG and Shovel. Hitting for 250s, 300s + occasional triple attack. Bumped up to 500+ with innerflame.

Outside of Gharn's Rock or Tunare fist, 2hb is always better. The procs on the Gharn rock and Tunare fist add alot of DPS, but their melee damage isnt as good. It's all about the damage bonus.

When you have 100% haste, the slower, harder hitting weapons pay dividends.

For instance: with VoG + Worn haste.

T Staff is 29 damage, 15 delay At level 60 it's +28 damage bonus every 1.5 seconds. (Plus h2h in between swings.)

Adam Club mainhand, 15 damage, 13 delay. 10 damage bonus.
SoS offhand 17 damage, 14 delay. no damage bonus.

Replace with IFS/Herb Spade or PB and get similar numbers.
Last edited by sammoHung; 08-12-2023 at 03:47 PM..
Old 08-12-2023, 04:11 PM
Planar Protector

RFS sounded like so much fun to level with that I tried to buy one and made a new monk before I decided against spending 100k on a temporary weapon for a ridiculously easy to level class.
CoF/Fungi/T-staff isn't optimal, but I used that from level 1 and burned through the levels np.
Last edited by Cecily; 08-12-2023 at 04:14 PM..
Old 08-12-2023, 04:25 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
RFS sounded like so much fun to level with that I tried to buy one and made a new monk before I decided against spending 100k on a temporary weapon for a ridiculously easy to level class.
CoF/Fungi/T-staff isn't optimal, but I used that from level 1 and burned through the levels np.
It's really good at 50+ too, but the T Staff is much better 50+...

But that RFS 1-50 is a buzzsaw. No single mob blue con or under ever gave me any trouble 1-50 with that thing.
Old 08-13-2023, 03:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea but god damn it was fun

Plus it's an item that keeps value well, wish I still had it