Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 09:49 PM
Fire Giant

I'm pretty sure Lorraine's got it.... As I've said, all you have to do with p99 is join the dots.
Old 07-20-2013, 10:28 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

It's always funny to me that people think "accomplishments" in MMO's (especially this one) are anything other than sitting at a keyboard clicking buttons for a longer period of time than the next guy.

It's like being proud of sitting on your couch long enough to be the fattest fuck around, and then actually bragging about it.
Old 07-20-2013, 10:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faulken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's always funny to me that people think "accomplishments" in MMO's (especially this one) are anything other than sitting at a keyboard clicking buttons for a longer period of time than the next guy.

It's like being proud of sitting on your couch long enough to be the fattest fuck around, and then actually bragging about it.
If Guinness has a spot, someone has to fill it.
Old 07-20-2013, 11:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, the best way that you can describe how you (and your guild) stay motivated is to say that it's a way to be mean? Seems kinda weak. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes.
Old 07-21-2013, 12:13 AM
Planar Protector

Just get rid of CH all together, make it interesting.
Old 07-21-2013, 02:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0lkien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm pretty sure Lorraine's got it.... As I've said, all you have to do with p99 is join the dots.
Yup.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 07-21-2013, 03:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes.
Well, at least you are honest. Hopefully, at some point, you also play because you enjoy it for its own sake.
Old 07-21-2013, 03:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, at least you are honest. Hopefully, at some point, you also play because you enjoy it for its own sake.
How is killing 32k dragons with over 40 people fun? It's like auto attack on, mob dies, gg.

I'd rather kill dragons with around 24 people so it's still a challenge and feels like somewhat of an accomplishment afterwards even though 32k dragons are so easy.

I'd have quit by now if I was in TMO, shit must be so boring. I guess if you only play to cockblock 900+ people out of raid content then you're the type of person who doesn't get bored too easily.

Either way tiggles advertising a TMO-sponsored Energy drink on his stream seems to be risky, we should probably find out for sure if this is going to bring heat down on p99. It would be terrible for 1 greedy fuck to ruin p99 for 2000+ people.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 07-21-2013, 04:29 AM
Aviak

Whenever Tiggles posts, all I see is his obnoxious signature and it really makes me just pity the poor fat bastard.
Old 07-21-2013, 09:13 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

While Soulfires are classic, killing raid content with such low numbers using easily rechargeable clickies is not.

If left unnerfed all velious content will be cleared with in 24 hours of release minus keyed zones.
EQ is a broken ancient game and trivialised by complete heal, clickies and a myriad of other abuse of mechanics? REALLY? And this is something we didn't already know 10 years ago?

1) I predict velious content will be cleared within 24 hours of release, Soulfires or not. There's enough Donal's BPs floating around to make a fast Donals CH Chain viable. Add to this all the years of farming VP gear and a well oiled, ready to go raid force you're looking at velious being beaten very quickly. Guilds who started from nothing day 1 at level 1 fresh server on Velious release managed get right up there in top 10 Vulak kills without the advantage of years of solid VP farming. Even the well established guilds on the older servers had less VP farming under their belt than TMO does at this point.

2) The game has many mechanics that could be considered broken or easily abused by today's MMO standards. This game was beaten over and over years ago. P99 gives us a chance to freeze in time and push those broken mechanics to the limit (eg "The A-Team" )

3) Love it or hate it, the broken mechanics are part of what draws people to the classic experience. You can't have the full classic experience by picking and choosing what this "Tiggles" guy thinks is 'classic' or not. P99 devs are doing a great job of recreating the classic game based on the actual mechanics and hard techincal facts, not some persons arbitrary thoughts about how they think they remember the meta-game should have played out like. Who are you to define what classic is??

Look how much silly stuff goes on at a typical sky raid with 'corpse summoning' people to higher islands, corpsing keys, pulling mobs to different islands, charming mobs. Most of this was never how SOE intended it but they were too lazy to fix because it was probably considered not enough of an abuse/exploit to worry about especially since the next 1-2 expansions were the priority for their efforts. Yet P99 faithfully have reproduced the 'classic' sky experience by following SOEs good and bad decisions that have resulted in what we consider as classic.

Complete heal (CH) is another example. SOE back in the day realised that CH was over-abused but it was so much part of the raiding culture that nerfing it directly in one hit would be a disaster. Eventually they just mudflated their way out of the dilemma by capping it to 7500 (when 7500 hp was more than most people could get) then letting the mudflating take peoples HP way beyond that, gradually phasing out the importance of that one spell over the next few years.

Let's face it, "raid content" was easy in Everquest with little strategy involved - Auto-attack on, begin CH chain. Most "strategy" is actually an unintended abuse of mechanics be it CH chains, line of sight exploits, mob positioning, chain runes to stop lifetap, multiboxing, kiting etc etc.

Hand wavy ideas such as "killing raid content with such low numbers using easily rechargeable clickies is not" have no basis and there is no proof that your claim has any truth to it. As time goes on of course people will find out better and more efficient ways to break the already broken game mechanics even further.
Closed Thread