Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements > Polls

View Poll Results: What is your opinion of the No Boxing Rule?
I think its important to this server's health, and should stay. 220 74.58%
I think it should be removed. 58 19.66%
It wouldn't affect me either way. 17 5.76%
Voters: 295. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 01:19 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenFourTwo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I got an IP exemption.
I play with my sister at my house(on occasion)
and my brother and friend at theirs.
We don't talk either in-game, we use ventrilo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol, you guys are all atthe same house and you use ventrilo? what's the point of goingto your friend's house? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-17-2010, 01:51 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuldiin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seems to be alot of people hunting in pairs lately, with one of them always quiet or afk...
Right now I am playing with my GF

Let's just say she's not the sharpest tool in the shed, but im teaching her how to press the heal button and nuke on her druid, we are both level 4 right now with our respective characters and to the common person we'd look like a 2 box simply because she sits next to me and only does stuff when i tell her too.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:58 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelven [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is an odd poll because of the current level spread on the server. Newbies would probably be in favor of boxing as it is sometimes a pain to find a group, while 50's or 50's with twinks could care less.

I voted "wouldn't effect me either way" because honestly it wouldn't.
This is so true. With how badly item prices are inflated and a good handful of poop socking 50's they vote against boxing because *gasp* it doesn't affect them because they can twink out their characters with 10-20k worth of items, while the rest of us have characters that maybe have 500p worth of gear on them at level 10-20-30.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recyclebin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is so true. With how badly item prices are inflated and a good handful of poop socking 50's they vote against boxing because *gasp* it doesn't affect them because they can twink out their characters with 10-20k worth of items, while the rest of us have characters that maybe have 500p worth of gear on them at level 10-20-30.
lol, 500pp of gear is amazing at level 10 and even level 20..my bard ran around in full bronze until level 40ish with no jewelry and FS weapons probably totaling around 300pp and he did just fine.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:17 PM
Planar Protector

Don't forget that those same 'rich' high level players are the folks who played when the server opened. We spent many hours fighting in leather and maybe banded, wielding vendor-bought weapons, because there was nothing else. I used a Combine Longsword until I was in the mid 20's, haha.

~50P for SBD's, ~1P/AC for Bronze, People giving away Shiny Brass Halberds or the like means pretty well most people on the server classify as a 'twink' to some degree by the time they're in their mid/upper teens.

High-end gear prices are horribly inflated, I agree, but you don't need mithril 2-handers or GEBs to fight in Blackburrow or Unrest.

Danth
Old 02-17-2010, 02:19 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Trimm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recyclebin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
only does stuff when i tell her too.
The perfect woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog View Post
Cats on the moon not happening on my watch.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:25 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The perfect woman.
I agree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-17-2010, 02:32 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't forget that those same 'rich' high level players are the folks who played when the server opened. We spent many hours fighting in leather and maybe banded, wielding vendor-bought weapons, because there was nothing else. I used a Combine Longsword until I was in the mid 20's, haha.

~50P for SBD's, ~1P/AC for Bronze, People giving away Shiny Brass Halberds or the like means pretty well most people on the server classify as a 'twink' to some degree by the time they're in their mid/upper teens.

High-end gear prices are horribly inflated, I agree, but you don't need mithril 2-handers or GEBs to fight in Blackburrow or Unrest.

Danth
This isn't a argument of they've earned the right to twink

It's the fact it weighs heavily on a poll like this when it doesn't affect them because they are "set" and don't need groups.

Ex: elemental brazier + a level 50 cleric guildly.

No group needed, level from 7-18 in Unrest all by yourself! Shun Groups!
Old 02-17-2010, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

Good lord will you twits please finish this twit fight one way or the other and shut up?
Old 02-17-2010, 04:01 PM
Planar Protector

Recycle:

I wasn't commenting on whether they 'earned' (hah) a right, so much as illustrating that if they could level in leather/banded etc, folks up-and-coming now can certainly do it with the superior items available.

Population's higher now than it's ever been, groups are available for those who look, gear is out there, and in general folks should have an easier time leveling than we did at launch.

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 02-17-2010 at 04:04 PM..
Closed Thread