Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2020, 08:57 AM
Aviak

Furoar, for whatever reason, has the ability to win people pixels in a consistent manner - for the people who have chose Freedom as their guild, that is all that matters to them. I look at them like American republicans - most of the world hates them yet they as still loud and proud and doing their thing not really caring what everyone else thinks of them...
Old 12-01-2020, 10:07 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroboo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Furoar, for whatever reason, has the ability to win people pixels in a consistent manner - for basically everyone in raiding guilds, that is all that matters to them.
FTFY. Lets not pretend Riot wasn't happy to have Furoar as a member until he decided to leave. Playing the part of jealous ex to a T these days.

All these people on their high horse while following a dude who has like a 90%+ raid attendance (which can mean one of a few things... none of them good), plays the perpetual victim, and apparently thinks Coronavirus is a political issue. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-01-2020, 10:29 AM
Planar Protector

You gotta get out to know coronavirus is real...
Old 12-01-2020, 11:33 AM
Kobold

Well, it would be tough for the guild leader to kick themselves. He would not do it because he would lose his RAP - the coward will only kick others and take their RAP.
Old 12-01-2020, 12:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I sincerely don't understand why you guys just don't play on Red. You'd have a blast there.
eq pvp is unbalanced and dumb, only good people on red are <Sanctuary> people and everyone else's entire goal is to grief you off the server
Old 12-01-2020, 12:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tongpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
eq pvp is unbalanced and dumb, only good people on red are <Sanctuary> people and everyone else's entire goal is to grief you off the server
This is why I don't think I'd like pvp. I have a little time to play as it is and I'd be just minding my own business trying to level or get loot and some jerk would come kill me just for poop and giggles.
Old 12-01-2020, 12:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tongpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is definatly not my experiance on Red server so far. I have not ever seen anyone greifed, I have seen someone killed in pvp for their camp...but that's part of the pvp right? My pvp experiance have been extremely positive and on every occasion I have sat and spoke with the person whome I just got done pvping with.
Old 12-01-2020, 12:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuterChimp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is why I don't think I'd like pvp. I have a little time to play as it is and I'd be just minding my own business trying to level or get loot and some jerk would come kill me just for poop and giggles.
You have a lack of actual experiance on Red, up until your in your mid 50's there is little to no pvp to be had. Also 9 times out of 10 when someone approaches you they do not just start casting on you or attacking you. Really there are just a couple of guilds where the people in those guilds focus 100% on finding and killing people. Even yhen... they are all lvl 60 and not going around ganking you while your killing crocks in oasis...
Old 12-01-2020, 12:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I stopped in to get my Blue99-drama fix, snacking on popcorn. I choked when I saw the above quote.

Twochain, I was giving some of what you posted a half nod until I hit this. It is the biggest crock of shit to hit these forums in a bit. Who are you trying to fool? The new people on the server? Dickheads have culminated in large raiding guilds stepping on whomever whenever they please for the duration of this project. With no meaningful repercussions from the guilds they are in. This casts serious doubt on your words in my eyes.

Carry on.
Naww, see in other games, if you are good at it, people will pretty much tolerate you no matter what you do. Competitive games are the worst with this. When I played pro CS, 80%+ of that community was really just toxic ass nerds who had no joy in life. If you think it's bad in p99... it's not. These people are aggressive dick heads.

There's a reason Kelzaraz almost didn't make it into Aftermath from player votes. In any other competitive game, a person such as 95% RA Kelzaraz is going to be let on the team no question.

You can always restart your reputation and reroll, sure. but in my opinion rep matters here more than most other competitive games i've played.
Old 12-01-2020, 01:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroboo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Furoar, for whatever reason, has the ability to win people pixels in a consistent manner - for the people who have chose Freedom as their guild, that is all that matters to them. I look at them like American republicans - most of the world hates them yet they as still loud and proud and doing their thing not really caring what everyone else thinks of them...
Naw not true. It's not the pixels, it's the winning. The competition. That's what makes raiding on this game fun. Without competition, raiding EverQuest is kind of a chore.

You know what? Honestly, I can't think of one raid/guild leader on p99 i didn't sort of enjoy playing for/with. That goes from my days in Clue, Fires of Heaven, all of it.