Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 03:13 AM
Kobold

Default Dedicated group

The absolute best times I've had on EQ live was when I played with a dedicated group of friends. We all had mains of varying levels but created a group of alts (who became our mains), on a different server, and leveled them up once a week together. Cleric, Warrior, Enchanter, Rogue, and we would always pick up the additional two from LFG. Within a few weeks we had a huge list of "friends" to fill those 2 spots. Eventually we rounded out to the same 6 players every week. We would exclusively level in dungeons and nothing else. Our group leveled in places such as ToFS, Droga, Dalnir, Kaesora, Sirens Grotto, Dragon Necropolis, Runnyeye, just to name a few.

What I would like to propose and get going is a group of players who are willing to do this at least 1 night a week and go from there. The only rule is to not out level the group, and keep twinking to a minimum. Once the group hits post 50 it doesn't really matter much anymore.

I'm looking for a few more players to get this rolling. Those on EST and who generally play after 7pm are preferred. If you want to explore the depths of Norraths dungeons, and experience leveling in places you haven't been to until it was green (or never at all), PM me or respond in thread. Once we get enough interested players we can iron out details such as day, time, and classes. Those looking to play classes but are worried about finding groups, this is a your opportunity!
Old 05-28-2013, 03:33 AM
Planar Protector

Im down to do this, i already have a level 60 main on the server, but this seems like it would be a fun change of pace. PM me with details, im down to play anything besides Shaman/Cleric.
[XX Rogue] Hailto (Half-Elf)
Red:
[21 Wizard] Hailto (Dark-Elf)
Old 05-28-2013, 03:36 AM
Kobold

I have a level 3 shaman in Innothule and a level 2 cleric in Qeynos currently that I could put into this if the group ends up needing a healer.

I don't like empty character slots that much.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:22 AM
Sarnak

I'd be interested in getting involved with this and playing whatever was needed - grouping through the lesser visited dungeons is something I've been wanting to do for a while.
<Asgard>
Old 05-28-2013, 04:34 AM
Skeleton

I would love to join if there is room! I have been thinking about leveling enchanter or cleric.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:38 AM
Aviak

I like this idea but I'm on PST :/

If it's on a weekend then the time isn't a big deal, though.

I'll play anything as long as I know there will be a spot in a group, even a Wizard, which was my first main and I swore to never play again. Well, almost anything. I'll never play a Druid. I avoid them on principle.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:14 AM
Fire Giant

I'm down, I have a 16 SK. He's heavily twinked, though.

I usually play after 5pm EST, and weekends whenever
Old 05-28-2013, 08:04 AM
Skeleton

I just started playing this week, and this is the exact reason I came back. Definitely interested if there is still room. I'm down to play pretty much any class as well besides Cleric.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:50 AM
Aviak

I'd be interested in doing this, and I'd be able to make any class except for Ranger (current main), Enchanter, or Bard. I'm already of the mind that twinking is unnecessary, and I'd prefer to have the "from scratch" experience on any character I make.

I do have an 18 Shaman, 14 Druid, 12 Monk sitting around. But I would be willing to start them from scratch in the interest of the group.

PM me or shoot a tell in-game if you want me =) Although if you can get five people to join you that are new to the server.. that'd obviously be the best choice.

I'm kind of bored with my Ranger, so there's no threat of my main taking time from the group at this point. I've just played far too many Ranger levels between Live and here!
Old 05-28-2013, 10:10 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I'd love to level a rogue from scratch again =) thurs - sun are best for me!
Closed Thread