Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2019, 11:33 PM
Aviak

Default RoZ & p99 joining forces for new soyva

hurd it here first
Old 10-08-2019, 12:31 AM
Planar Protector

Just wait till the staff have time after green.
Rogean has said there are plans and ideas for the pvp community.
Nilbog can't get him to shut up about it sometimes.

Pras and wait.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-08-2019, 02:54 AM
Planar Protector

Hmmmm hate to say it but would need to fire Burt as GM and would need rogean/nilbog to make sure it stays as classic as possible and then it would have potential to be great

For the record I have nothing against Burt I like him and he’s been more professional on RoZ BUT I’ve known him too long and seen too much, also no more Sirkens Jesus Christ
Old 10-08-2019, 05:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnaros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmmmm hate to say it but would need to fire Burt as GM and would need rogean/nilbog to make sure it stays as classic as possible and then it would have potential to be great

For the record I have nothing against Burt I like him and he’s been more professional on RoZ BUT I’ve known him too long and seen too much, also no more Sirkens Jesus Christ
Burt's persona as RoZ staff is quite a bit different than as a player on p99 red/blue; I'd say mine is too. Each role just demands a different demeanor. I will say, though, that Burt is excellent as a content developer - something that requires expert knowledge of the game in addition to a discerning eye and more motivation than most people could ever muster (I can't do much before I lose it); he's top notch. As our lead GM he has performed as cleanly as is possible. Rag you haven't really played on RoZ much so you probably don't really know, but the number of times he has intervened in gameplay issues outside of "I deleted my bag" type petitions can be counted on one's fingers alone; probably 80% of those interventions were due to CT repop issues in our early history. We value minimal GM intervention as it preserves the sandbox element that makes EQ (especially EQ PVP) worlds great.

Rag I'm curious: if you're in favor of p99-level classicness, what exactly is it that you think RoZ would bring to the table in such a collaboration? I'm guessing you're in favor of the limited rule set - most PVPers are. Maybe you like item loot? Either project could change loot/team rules with a successive box easily enough. But outside of those features, what is it about RoZ that appeals to you? I'm just kind of confused because I think that our willingness to deviate from classic slightly more than p99 is what is most appealing to the PVP community.
  • FFA flagging
  • Item Loot Filtering (can't hide gems behind rations)
  • Adjusted PvP spell resists (though p99 is pretty custom in this right as well)
  • Anti-Train for Velious+
  • Anti-Screendrag
  • Anti-Plug
  • Rezbox PvP nerf
  • CotH PvP nerf
  • Jeriance (custom variance)
  • Gflux spell effect cooldown to prohibit bugged map positions
  • Source-enforced Tournament Match System
  • Era-based PvP balancing
  • Guild window and other Titanium Client amenities

Are these not strong features to which you are attracted? Or are you just concerned with us talking about having some custom content for some classic pvp events that maybe stay in the game for a while? Renly has described RoZ since the beginning as 95% classic, and I would say that nearly all of the ways that we have deviated from classic have been a success. Some changes have been phased out over time.
Old 10-09-2019, 12:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Burt's persona as RoZ staff is quite a bit different than as a player on p99 red/blue; I'd say mine is too. Each role just demands a different demeanor. I will say, though, that Burt is excellent as a content developer - something that requires expert knowledge of the game in addition to a discerning eye and more motivation than most people could ever muster (I can't do much before I lose it); he's top notch. As our lead GM he has performed as cleanly as is possible. Rag you haven't really played on RoZ much so you probably don't really know, but the number of times he has intervened in gameplay issues outside of "I deleted my bag" type petitions can be counted on one's fingers alone; probably 80% of those interventions were due to CT repop issues in our early history. We value minimal GM intervention as it preserves the sandbox element that makes EQ (especially EQ PVP) worlds great.

Rag I'm curious: if you're in favor of p99-level classicness, what exactly is it that you think RoZ would bring to the table in such a collaboration? I'm guessing you're in favor of the limited rule set - most PVPers are. Maybe you like item loot? Either project could change loot/team rules with a successive box easily enough. But outside of those features, what is it about RoZ that appeals to you? I'm just kind of confused because I think that our willingness to deviate from classic slightly more than p99 is what is most appealing to the PVP community.
  • FFA flagging
  • Item Loot Filtering (can't hide gems behind rations)
  • Adjusted PvP spell resists (though p99 is pretty custom in this right as well)
  • Anti-Train for Velious+
  • Anti-Screendrag
  • Anti-Plug
  • Rezbox PvP nerf
  • CotH PvP nerf
  • Jeriance (custom variance)
  • Gflux spell effect cooldown to prohibit bugged map positions
  • Source-enforced Tournament Match System
  • Era-based PvP balancing
  • Guild window and other Titanium Client amenities

Are these not strong features to which you are attracted? Or are you just concerned with us talking about having some custom content for some classic pvp events that maybe stay in the game for a while? Renly has described RoZ since the beginning as 95% classic, and I would say that nearly all of the ways that we have deviated from classic have been a success. Some changes have been phased out over time.
Jeremy,

I appreciate the response. I have not played RoZ or even Everquest for that matter seriously since I was serving my overseas tour in Europe so feel free to take my observations or opinions with a grain of salt. With the little time I spent playing RoZ Engelburt did a good job ingame in my experiences, and I have even heard from multiple people that he is a completely different person. However, you have to take it from a players perspective and personally if I am going to dedicate a lot of my time to this server and take it seriously it is hard to not think about someone with such a dark past on Red99 have so much power on something you are devoting a lot of time to. Even if Burt is perfect, and something controversial happens regarding favoritism or something sketchy EVEN if it isn't what it seems, all the old r99 feelings come back and as a player its hard to not have it affect you and put the tin foil hat on, that's pretty much my reasoning. Again, I like Burt and he probably did turn a new leaf but that's my gripe about him being a staff member. As for the important stuff you inquired about the reason I favor Red99 over Rise of Zek is simple...
The main reason is the brand, Project1999 has a strong reputation of ALWAYS being around for the last 10 years, to be quite honest just that fact alone makes it hard to beat. Red99 has seen highs and lows of 5 people to 300 people but always seems to be somewhat playable and has stayed strong with never wiping. Also worth noting that they have some pretty kick ass code. It is a legit and reputable project and people will always flock to that and tend to take it more seriously creating a fun server for a longer amount of time. On the contrary, Red99 has been plagued with horrible staff and has never listened to the players regarding changes. Before I say more I want to state for the record that I plan to play RoZ 2.0 and play it seriously with an open mind, but these are just my opinions. The biggest turn offs for RoZ for me are 2 boxing, yes it is convenient but just kills the EQ aspect for me a bit maybe because im just not used to it, another turn off is that the expansions are too short and in my opinion just automatically puts a cap on how long the server is going to be relevant for. Another turn off is the custom content, I personally just don't think its needed. Barebones classic EQ red99 style is just what I like and what attracts me to the game, I think that things such as sim repops or variance or timer related things or fine but once you start adding zones, items, and mobs it really just kills the immersion. If you and Red99 combined I think you would bring to the table a better customer service equipped staff and the will and ability to bring changes faster rather than every 2 years via red99.
Last edited by Ragnaros; 10-09-2019 at 12:21 AM..
Old 10-09-2019, 11:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnaros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Jeremy,

I appreciate the response. I have not played RoZ or even Everquest for that matter seriously since I was serving my overseas tour in Europe so feel free to take my observations or opinions with a grain of salt. With the little time I spent playing RoZ Engelburt did a good job ingame in my experiences, and I have even heard from multiple people that he is a completely different person. However, you have to take it from a players perspective and personally if I am going to dedicate a lot of my time to this server and take it seriously it is hard to not think about someone with such a dark past on Red99 have so much power on something you are devoting a lot of time to. Even if Burt is perfect, and something controversial happens regarding favoritism or something sketchy EVEN if it isn't what it seems, all the old r99 feelings come back and as a player its hard to not have it affect you and put the tin foil hat on, that's pretty much my reasoning. Again, I like Burt and he probably did turn a new leaf but that's my gripe about him being a staff member. As for the important stuff you inquired about the reason I favor Red99 over Rise of Zek is simple...
The main reason is the brand, Project1999 has a strong reputation of ALWAYS being around for the last 10 years, to be quite honest just that fact alone makes it hard to beat. Red99 has seen highs and lows of 5 people to 300 people but always seems to be somewhat playable and has stayed strong with never wiping. Also worth noting that they have some pretty kick ass code. It is a legit and reputable project and people will always flock to that and tend to take it more seriously creating a fun server for a longer amount of time. On the contrary, Red99 has been plagued with horrible staff and has never listened to the players regarding changes. Before I say more I want to state for the record that I plan to play RoZ 2.0 and play it seriously with an open mind, but these are just my opinions. The biggest turn offs for RoZ for me are 2 boxing, yes it is convenient but just kills the EQ aspect for me a bit maybe because im just not used to it, another turn off is that the expansions are too short and in my opinion just automatically puts a cap on how long the server is going to be relevant for. Another turn off is the custom content, I personally just don't think its needed. Barebones classic EQ red99 style is just what I like and what attracts me to the game, I think that things such as sim repops or variance or timer related things or fine but once you start adding zones, items, and mobs it really just kills the immersion. If you and Red99 combined I think you would bring to the table a better customer service equipped staff and the will and ability to bring changes faster rather than every 2 years via red99.
Didnt read this blob of crap but its probably a kid who wants other people to do stuff for him.
Old 10-08-2019, 09:52 AM
Sarnak

Well RoZ 2.0 starting in December and they are working on it as we speak so this doesn't sound right at all.
Old 10-08-2019, 01:00 PM
Planar Protector

Huh?
Old 10-08-2019, 05:39 PM
Sarnak

I think people that haven't played RoZ or played RoZ at the beginning probably just lump it in with the devnoob/image servers. Red99 is a brand and most of these guys on this forum probably won't be able to communicate to you why they like Red99. There could be 2 identical servers and if one was branded project 1999 they would say it is much better.

I don't think people have faith that the coding is up to par as far as spawns, pathing, etc. It is hard to convince some people. Red99 is all they have known and all they trust.
Old 10-08-2019, 05:55 PM
Banned

There's like 4 solid years of hard effort done on npc placement, pathing, missing quests and all kinds of classic oddities they made work or sorta made work.

The content researchers/reporters here are real sick too. Sick in a good way. Doctors of EverQuest. Keeps me coming back.

Jeremy is a great pal, never betrayed me and would trust to manage a box.
Closed Thread