Sullon Zek 16 26.67%
Discord 4 6.67%
Custom Made 9 15.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2019, 02:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palemoon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you refresh the server too often they will just die all the quicker. I think following the green cycle of 3 or so years is a good minimum.

i.e. there needs to be a sense of permanency and long term planning in the server dynamic
Does it matter if the server refreshes every month when your character might survive a week?

Low level, low gear gameplay where the stakes are high, but the ability to regain progress was fast. Kinda felt like Everquake Arena!
Old 10-08-2019, 02:23 PM
Sarnak

Rallos rule (no xp pvp death but coin + 1 non weap item) plus fironia vae rule set so every item droppable except for epics - this and fix plugging so pvp actually means something,
Old 10-08-2019, 02:29 PM
Banned

Cannot do item loot - quickest way to kill any potential server's population off.
Old 10-08-2019, 06:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rallos rule (no xp pvp death but coin + 1 non weap item) plus fironia vae rule set so every item droppable except for epics - this and fix plugging so pvp actually means something,
FV really had fully droppable items?

I didn't know that. Thats cool.

I don't think rallos needs any customization to fix bagging, plugging, droppables.

The fact that level 60's are mostly no drop solves their chief complaint and fear.

Everyone else is either a twink (no mercy) or a scrub noob (no actual loss) so its no sweat to get killed and lose some banded.

White Knight people don't play item loot server and then get an item taken and think "well gee, I'm out!" its really easy to run around naked when you're getting mega griefed.

Its like how PVP makes EQ a completely different game. Item loot makes EQ PVP a completely different better game where its obvious your a worthless coward because you're fully naked or your missing slots because you bagged your droppables. Its the best.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-08-2019, 08:51 PM
Banned

If red had item loot, the pop wouldve been 10 people years ago. People quit from getting just killed. I wouldnt care regardless, i would still play a enchanter in rags and dunking on folks regardless. But anybody running a crusade for item loot probably has some dumb dream of taking a twinks fungi. But with 1kpp insta gate pots, that shit aint happening.
Old 10-08-2019, 09:07 PM
Banned

Uh huh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-08-2019, 09:18 PM
Sarnak

Everyone who reps red on the forums acts so tough but you're telling me 1 item loot would cause those baddies to quit? Sounds like some fragile egos to me. It's not just about punishing de-lvled pkers (can also fix those by configuring de-lvl skill caps appropriately) but imagine if NTOV loot was droppable. Pvp suddenly becomes a lot more of a gamble and the decision TO engage in pvp would be a more weighty decision. Also if a fungi twink has to burn a 1k pot to get away, then great! Currently they can just die to pvp and suffer 0 consequences other than some s* talk.
Old 10-08-2019, 10:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone who reps red on the forums acts so tough but you're telling me 1 item loot would cause those baddies to quit? Sounds like some fragile egos to me. It's not just about punishing de-lvled pkers (can also fix those by configuring de-lvl skill caps appropriately) but imagine if NTOV loot was droppable. Pvp suddenly becomes a lot more of a gamble and the decision TO engage in pvp would be a more weighty decision. Also if a fungi twink has to burn a 1k pot to get away, then great! Currently they can just die to pvp and suffer 0 consequences other than some s* talk.
It's not the ffungi twinks people are worried about losing a fungi and quiting.

Its players grinding out losing items to the fungi twinks quiting that is the problem.

Imaging busting arse to get some 12sv magic rings as a nub and 3 fungi wearings sks come HT you to death and loot one.

It sounds fun yes...but do you want a PvP server to play on or another red99 with 20-30 pop afyer 2 months

A real big dick solution is to make fungis 51+ plus only

Only way a server will have decent longevity is if you enable pvp but disable the psychos.
Last edited by White_knight; 10-08-2019 at 10:12 PM..
Old 10-08-2019, 11:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_knight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only way a server will have decent longevity is if you enable pvp but disable the psychos.
Right. This is why I was always against global ooc and yellow text, because the psychos get off on having a audience to beat their chests to. These were unclassic additions that catered to a bad element and encouraged antisocial behavior.
Old 10-09-2019, 09:01 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah global ooc and YT probably worst thing for server besides all the other bad things for the server.

You can raid in banded, leather, and cloth until you get no drop. If your under 50 or 60 and risking gear than you can afford to lose it. Otherwise you play in rags and it doesn't matter. Yeah it's different. Harder sometimes. Droppables are worth less so less valuable RMT farming activities is probably one of the main good things.

If I was hunting loot I would be chilling at those gate pot destinatjons. Even if a dude plugs while gating he's gonna load in sometime. It's hyper risky.
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread