Rallos Zek 18 30.00%
Sullon Zek 16 26.67%
Discord 4 6.67%
Custom Made 9 15.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2019, 01:52 PM
Banned

any server with less than 200 needs everything to be global or else people quit before level 20 when they move through 6 zones without seeing another person
Old 10-10-2019, 02:01 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
any server with less than 200 needs everything to be global or else people quit before level 20 when they move through 6 zones without seeing another person
This isn’t an exaggeration. This is exactly what happens. If the server can’t maintain 200 pop with global YT and /ooc, there’s no chance it operates over 50 without it.

I’m not trying to be abrasive here. What about YT and global /ooc is ruining your experience? I think if dying in a 20 year old game being broadcasted to a group of strangers significantly bothers you or hurts your self esteem, it’s probably not for you. And if being excited about PvP is something you find toxic, I think you should consider blue. If it’s competitive, there’s going to be trash talk. /ignore if you really can’t stand it, but I think most competitive people in any format would agree its part of the game.
Old 10-10-2019, 02:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokkusho [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This isn’t an exaggeration. This is exactly what happens. If the server can’t maintain 200 pop with global YT and /ooc, there’s no chance it operates over 50 without it.

I’m not trying to be abrasive here. What about YT and global /ooc is ruining your experience? I think if dying in a 20 year old game being broadcasted to a group of strangers significantly bothers you or hurts your self esteem, it’s probably not for you. And if being excited about PvP is something you find toxic, I think you should consider blue. If it’s competitive, there’s going to be trash talk. /ignore if you really can’t stand it, but I think most competitive people in any format would agree its part of the game.
the humiliation of YT is the only thing that makes you adrenalin out when your gonna die without item loot, they want it completely cucked with no tension or stakes
Old 10-10-2019, 03:10 PM
Planar Protector

Game will suck no matter what, the community that's left has their ego linked to this game so they will all group into the same guild, if they can't do that they won't play, and they certainly won't try to do risky PVP because it might involve losing aka sitting on defensive positions for hours.

PASS
Old 10-10-2019, 03:12 PM
Fire Giant

I'm in favor of xp loss on pvp death, always was. I'd rather have item loot than yellow text/global ooc because the first two things are classic, the second two things are not.

YT/global OOC are for the kids that want counterstrike with elves. Those kids are what destroyed this server.
Old 10-10-2019, 03:32 PM
Sarnak

My vote is for the server that has more than 5 people playing at once, aka not the current server
Old 10-10-2019, 05:19 PM
Sarnak

I don't see why people are so triggered by YT and people talking in /ooc. How can you actually think that is why people aren't playing this 20 year old game? Most people enjoy the ability to /ooc and see if anyone else wants to group up for something like mistmoore. With low populations you can't simply go to a zone you want to level in and find people. You have to put the group together and then go somewhere. You can also turn off /ooc if you want.
Old 10-10-2019, 05:57 PM
Planar Protector

In regards to YT: Sullon Zek had a leaderboard which was an out of game website that recorded all the daily kills and kept a chart showing the top killers from each team. I think something like that would be a good compromise between people who want YT and those who don't. Plus it's classic AF.
Old 10-10-2019, 06:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raclen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't see why people are so triggered by YT and people talking in /ooc. How can you actually think that is why people aren't playing this 20 year old game? Most people enjoy the ability to /ooc and see if anyone else wants to group up for something like mistmoore. With low populations you can't simply go to a zone you want to level in and find people. You have to put the group together and then go somewhere. You can also turn off /ooc if you want.
Population is low enough to /who all and send tells.
Old 10-11-2019, 01:53 AM
Planar Protector

Lol @ people saying YT and global OOC needed to support the 5 pop server. Sorry toxic non classic with toxic non classic results. It didnt help save the pop when we had it and it serves no purpose when no one is left.

Absolutely not part of any good EverQuest server

Don't care if it stays in dead red but it's not going to be a recipe in any successful server. The exception was discord server I believe it had death announcements.
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread