Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2019, 08:54 PM
Fire Giant

Well, there are two classic UIs, one that can’t run on the Titanium client and one that can.

Green uses the one that can, it’s that simple.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 10-16-2019, 08:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashenden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well the client this runs on can't do that, and as such you're forced to use the alternative option that existed at the same time. Sorry.
Again, the entire point is that there are better alternatives to the current iterations black/transparent options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, there are two classic UIs, one that can’t run on the Titanium client and one that can.

Green uses the one that can, it’s that simple.

that's a funny way of admitting you were incorrect lol
Last edited by Xer0; 10-16-2019 at 08:58 PM..
Old 10-16-2019, 08:57 PM
Planar Protector

The current green ui iteration is almost exactly the classic velious launch UI. The original eq launch ui wont work due to technical limitations unfortunately i wish we could have it.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 10-16-2019, 09:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The current green ui iteration is almost exactly the classic velious launch UI. The original eq launch ui wont work due to technical limitations unfortunately i wish we could have it.
classic velious, you nailed it on the head.

My point is not that they should implement the original classic UI in it's entirety (being that it's not possible)

but should not be forcing something that's from 3 years later down our throats-- how on earth can they get off forcing something entirely NOT classic down our throats..for the sake of "keeping it classic" it's a crock of ish lol.

shit's classic, amirite?
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-16-2019, 09:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

My point is not that they should implement the original classic UI in it's entirety (being that it's not possible)

but should not be forcing something that's from 3 years later down our throats-- how on earth can they get off forcing something entirely NOT classic down our throats..for the sake of "keeping it classic" it's a crock of ish lol.

shit's classic, amirite?
I mean you do a really good job with your color textures to make the UI look at BAD as you possibly can to really get the optics quick look win of your argument. Mine looks nothing like that at all. Mine looks like the old school F10 UI mixed with the Velious UI. Both transparent, but one has a lot more added functionality than the other did. It's a combination of both.

Putting rainbow textures or butt fucking ugly gray textures on every window is something that <1% of the players are going to do, nobody is gonna purposely make the ui worse looking... well except for you when you're trying to falsely show that that's the way it looks :P
Old 10-16-2019, 09:10 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

shit's classic, amirite?
Since you refuse to read other threads: That is not the final UI, the bulk of the changes aren't done yet, and changes will even continue after launch day. If you would just read the damn forums you would have your answers. Why would you insist on wasting more of your own (and other peoples) time creating this waste of a thread than it would take to look for the answer that is right infront of you.
Old 10-16-2019, 09:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgmo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Since you refuse to read other threads: That is not the final UI, the bulk of the changes aren't done yet, and changes will even continue after launch day. If you would just read the damn forums you would have your answers. Why would you insist on wasting more of your own (and other peoples) time creating this waste of a thread than it would take to look for the answer that is right infront of you.
I'm not wasting my time. I came here to talk about it. I wanted to make this post. And so I did. You chose to come here and get involved, that's a choice you made to waste your own time, don't put responsibility for your inability to keep to yourself on me.
Last edited by Xer0; 10-16-2019 at 09:14 PM..
Old 10-16-2019, 09:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean you do a really good job with your color textures to make the UI look at BAD as you possibly can to really get the optics quick look win of your argument. Mine looks nothing like that at all. Mine looks like the old school F10 UI mixed with the Velious UI. Both transparent, but one has a lot more added functionality than the other did. It's a combination of both.

Putting rainbow textures or butt fucking ugly gray textures on every window is something that <1% of the players are going to do, nobody is gonna purposely make the ui worse looking... well except for you when you're trying to falsely show that that's the way it looks :P
nah I was trying to replicate the stone-coloration of the clssic UI as well as have some definiteion between elements in the various windows. Black lines on black UI bcakground = no definition, cant see what is what.

My entire point was that by coloring it grey in a low effort (and more importantly: IMPLEMENTABLE BY CURRENT SERVER RULES) attempt to get the ui elements as close to classic as possible.

If we're going by day 1 rules and standards, including disallowing 3rd party UIs.. why are we being forced to use the UI from velious?
Old 10-16-2019, 09:19 PM
Fire Giant

OP, have you even downloaded the UI you keep saying is a better classic option? I have, it’s a fucking mess. It is not in any way a better option.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 10-16-2019, 09:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP, have you even downloaded the UI you keep saying is a better classic option? I have, it’s a fucking mess. It is not in any way a better option.
You are correct, the implementation of Welgrim's is not ideal, but there are others that simply add it's texturing/coloration to the current UI-- but they aren't allowed either.
Last edited by Xer0; 10-16-2019 at 09:26 PM..
Closed Thread