Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2016, 11:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrilla [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stopped logging in exactly a year ago. Right when Empire took a Christmas break, took like 2 weeks off up until that point easily one of the most active players on R99. Most fun I had on this box was during Kunark, so many of us wanted Velious but the real fun was back when we battled with Azrael non-stop and all the different iterations of them. Velious really killed the game from that aspect. Not sure how people still play, probably serious case of OCD. Be great if we saw a box reset but I think the hardcore people that loved EQ are just burnt out on it regardless. If people are still enjoying it more power to them but I'm surprised they haven't shut down the server.
People just need to stop logging in to force a reset. It's a catch 22 between pixel addiction and wanting to play eq tho. I genuinely feel people are addicted to their pixels and can't let them go so will go down with the ship polishing the boots on their 5th ntov geared alt.

EverQuest is a journey and when it becomes more than that you are in big, big trouble.

Much love to those that still grind it day in day out though.
Last edited by Salahdin; 11-13-2016 at 11:15 PM..
Old 11-14-2016, 03:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrilla [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stopped logging in exactly a year ago. Right when Empire took a Christmas break, took like 2 weeks off up until that point easily one of the most active players on R99.
weird. i thought this was when you stopped logging in.

Brickhouse Friends Thrilla Dreadlands May 03 2016 8:01:07 PM
Old 11-14-2016, 03:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Stopped logging in exactly a year ago. Right when Empire took a Christmas break, took like 2 weeks off up until that point easily one of the most active players on R99. Most fun I had on this box was during Kunark, so many of us wanted Velious but the real fun was back when we battled with Azrael non-stop and all the different iterations of them. Velious really killed the game from that aspect. Not sure how people still play, probably serious case of OCD. Be great if we saw a box reset but I think the hardcore people that loved EQ are just burnt out on it regardless. If people are still enjoying it more power to them but I'm surprised they haven't shut down the server.
Old 11-14-2016, 01:46 PM
Sarnak

i think we need to bring back the red99 graveyard
Old 11-14-2016, 09:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducktv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

dont attack thrilla idiot
Old 11-15-2016, 06:43 AM
Planar Protector

congratulations on Apex for getting stomped by Thunderdome today in fear, well done!
Old 11-15-2016, 12:51 PM
Sarnak

who got an aon?
Old 11-15-2016, 01:10 PM
Fire Giant

technically I think we lost the fear fight, but we did bring it.

is this where I'm supposed to post my excuse for why we lost that fight?
Old 11-15-2016, 08:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducktv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

remember that kill lol, every so often I'd log in to check the lay of the land and would zone and close the client, few times client would close but character was in game -- that time I could hear the sounds of my life being zapped away from me, gz i guess but not sure id die to a shitty pali in a wide open zone like DL otherwise. Who is brickhouse anyway.

meant to post on the why people log in thread, not sure how it landed here, carry on
Rushx the Warlock - R99
Last edited by Thrilla; 11-15-2016 at 08:59 PM..
Old 11-15-2016, 10:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
remember that kill lol, every so often I'd log in to check the lay of the land and would zone and close the client, few times client would close but character was in game -- that time I could hear the sounds of my life being zapped away from me, gz i guess but not sure id die to a shitty pali in a wide open zone like DL otherwise. Who is brickhouse anyway.

meant to post on the why people log in thread, not sure how it landed here, carry on
The best Paladin on the box without a doubt.
Tried to get immersed in Velious but quickly got burnt out by there being no challenge, the intensive raid schedule and pressure to be 100% or close to it with RA. In Nihilum, having 70% RA + meant you were a neckbeard, in Empire, 70% was the equivalent of being inactive status.
Closed Thread