Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 12:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arteker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
till velious paladin sk miss alot due to be in a different mele table as warrior. by end of velious that was changed , that together spell haste , pal sk defensive mod been moved as well to war levels made the herald of the luclin pop expansions wich increased the love for the hybrid class to the point furor and his lackeys bitched for years.
Again, combat table means the distribution of hits. It has nothing to do with the miss rate.
Old 11-17-2014, 01:05 PM
Developer

The historical solution to this was:

Turn off misses, so you don't see them.

Not kidding.

H
Old 11-17-2014, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The historical solution to this was:

Turn off misses, so you don't see them.

Not kidding.

H
This man speaks the truth.
Old 11-20-2014, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

Weapon skills my foot, rogues have 0 2hblunt and whenever I'm hammering a white con player (or some npc for that matter) I'm landing basically every hit. There's some specific combat tables that make hybrids swing and miss decaying skeletons.
Old 11-20-2014, 12:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Weapon skills my foot, rogues have 0 2hblunt and whenever I'm hammering a white con player (or some npc for that matter) I'm landing basically every hit. There's some specific combat tables that make hybrids swing and miss decaying skeletons.
Basically every hit? I think you have confirmation bias. It was like 62% hit rate overall at 60 iirc with maxed skills. The difference between hybrids and pure melee was quite small even when weapon skill differences was taken into account. Your level and offense skill play a big part of your hit rate as well, not some class based combat table.
Old 11-20-2014, 02:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by koros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Basically every hit? I think you have confirmation bias. It was like 62% hit rate overall at 60 iirc with maxed skills. The difference between hybrids and pure melee was quite small even when weapon skill differences was taken into account. Your level and offense skill play a big part of your hit rate as well, not some class based combat table.
Smacked a bunch of dark blues around with an orc shovel on 60rog just now, looks like a steady good hit rate despite having no 2hblunt ability / buffs whatsoever. Actually looking at this makes me think I'm on my SK right now. Pure melees just land attacks way more often imo.