Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2014, 09:41 AM
Planar Protector

Lol the best way to get the whole zone is to just pull past the double doors.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 05-28-2014, 09:50 AM
Planar Protector

AE Kedge would be insanely crazy

sharks have way to many hps, and mermaids would be annoying

I also dont think they would file in properly bc that zone can be bugged

( Dald shhhhhhhhhhh why you want people to start flooding Kedge... SHUSH )

also WTS Rain Caller 3.5K OBO PM me here I will deliver tonight
Old 05-28-2014, 10:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikonoclastia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Chardok is great because it doesn't seem to have the aggro drop that it did on live. Actually the zones I tested in Kunark don't seem to have that.

This means you can train all of Chardok with pets / root while you couldn't on live. On the other hand it probably means you can't use aggro radius reducing spells on the King's guards, root one and single pull king to zone... which you could do in classic.

What should happen is King gets secondary aggro from the rooted guard, you pull king along out of range of the rooted guard. Rooted guard then loses chase on you but still retains aggro (if you go back towards chamber you'll pull the whole zone). King doesn't spread secondary aggro to mobs he passes by and arrives at zone line solo.

What does happen is King gets secondary aggro from rooted guard, you pull king along out of range of the rooted guard. Rooted guard then chases you when root breaks, spreading aggro to all mobs along path, king arrives at zone solo, followed by half of chardok and rooted guard.

Zones I tested were OT, can aggro something on one side, root it, run to the other with SoW, it'll break root and run all the way across to other side. Tried in LOIO too. Unintentionally, got aggroed low mana at windmill, ran to FV zone line with SoW, mob took a while but ran all the way to ZL which it shouldn't have done imo.
This was bug reported very early in Kunark, but sufficient evidence was never presented to prove it. But I remember exactly as you do. Once you were a good range away (maybe 1000 or so), mobs would stop pursuing you, though they could still transfer their agro list. So if you rooted some mob, ran far away, then a roamer pathed past it and towards you, close enough to be within the pursuit range, that one would come for you.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:04 AM
Planar Protector

And the pursuit change thing didn't get added in 2003. I'm pretty sure it was 2002 or even 2001 when I first started noticing this weird thing Kunark mobs did on my druid (I started in 2001).
Old 05-28-2014, 10:16 AM
Planar Protector

there were no leashes in vanilla classic EQ

mobs chased you forever
Old 05-28-2014, 10:17 AM
Planar Protector

I can tell you for sure on EQMac, which had a 2002/2003 code split, mobs would pursue you across West Karana if you aggroed them. There wasn't any drop range. That was a more recent EQ thing.
Old 05-28-2014, 12:51 PM
Aviak

On live we aoe'd lguk a lot. Like you said we'd pull from Lord to exe or sage. That being said I'm not sure what patching is like for it here
Old 05-28-2014, 01:29 PM
Planar Protector

ill go. think 51 is too high?

edit: i play at random times during the day. tell me when is good and most likely i can go
Last edited by phacemeltar; 05-28-2014 at 08:49 PM..
Old 05-28-2014, 04:04 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Maybe people interested in doing this can start leaving their average play time? I'm on most afternoons / evenings from about... 5 to 10 or 11 EST. Except for tonight cuz work popped on me late.
Old 05-28-2014, 04:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
there were no leashes in vanilla classic EQ

mobs chased you forever
Vanilla, yeah that's true. But Kunark had pursuit range limits, maybe not all mobs / all zones. Not the same as a leash, iirc the mob didn't care how far it was from it's spawn point, it cared how far it was from you. Mob didn't forget you and would take up the chase if you came close enough (or somebody else pulled it close enough, lol), so between that and mobs agro'ring and chasing low levels lev'ing across DL I remember some really entertaining chaos.