Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 07:10 PM
Banned

Tourney fishing sounds pretty fun, havent done any derbys since I was a kid. Just been doin it outta tradition really, me and the pals every spring goin HARD for King Salmon. Fun fights and if the bite isn't on ya can always just jig for halibut or shoot some seal or otters. Love life in Alaska except for the internet =/
Old 01-21-2015, 07:12 PM
Orc

i agree with this =))

sometimes good people just make a bad decision, and we dont feel they should receive a life sentence
Old 01-21-2015, 07:12 PM
Banned

P.S. Sirken can you make sure big H doesn't ban me for subbmitting a plat dupe exploit pls?

Also, saw the word that got me banned in serverchat forums all over the place, consistency. HEH

Paying it forward,

Fame
Old 01-21-2015, 07:16 PM
Fire Giant

Can't you just block certain subforums when you ban them? leaving ability to report/petition but silencing them effectively? Since if that is the intent, they obviously abuse the hell out of it and just continue forumquesting right through their suspension/ban?

I'd personally enjoy seeing new bad players rise to the top... I get weary seeing the same 5 people fight with themselves about which is a worse version of themselves. It's all very confusing for new players. I can't figure out who I am supposed to hate... all of them I guess? It's hard because I don't directly interact with most nay of them I suppose... I just observe them on forum and ooc and YT/Leaderboard, the 3 channels for drama. Perhaps if I played directly with them I would understand more...

There should be a stickied guide for newbs at least showing a brief description of what makes each guild terrible, and who the dirty whistles are... its like a high school cafeteria and none of the new kids to the school know where to sit because the goths and jocks and band geeks are all dressed the same and sitting at one big round table yelling across at each other. I just want to know where to sit sometimes instead of thinking this school is just comprised of one single giant group of douchebags, of various brands.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

tl:dr = Need soap opera TV guide to follow the drama around here [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-21-2015, 07:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i agree with this =))

sometimes good people just make a bad decision, and we dont feel they should receive a life sentence
and sometimes good people get caught making bad decisions 3 times while streaming video evidence of them still playing regularly
Old 01-21-2015, 07:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodybagger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can't you just block certain subforums when you ban them? leaving ability to report/petition but silencing them effectively? Since if that is the intent, they obviously abuse the hell out of it and just continue forumquesting right through their suspension/ban?

I'd personally enjoy seeing new bad players rise to the top... I get weary seeing the same 5 people fight with themselves about which is a worse version of themselves. It's all very confusing for new players. I can't figure out who I am supposed to hate... all of them I guess? It's hard because I don't directly interact with most nay of them I suppose... I just observe them on forum and ooc and YT/Leaderboard, the 3 channels for drama. Perhaps if I played directly with them I would understand more...

There should be a stickied guide for newbs at least showing a brief description of what makes each guild terrible, and who the dirty whistles are... its like a high school cafeteria and none of the new kids to the school know where to sit because the goths and jocks and band geeks are all dressed the same and sitting at one big round table yelling across at each other. I just want to know where to sit sometimes instead of thinking this school is just comprised of one single giant group of douchebags, of various brands.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

tl:dr = Need soap opera TV guide to follow the drama around here [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Lot of truth in that post about perception and new players, I come off as a bit of a dick on forums and /ooc because of trolling and the meta game but if you know me and hangout in game I'm pretty nice with free pixels, exp, smoke breaks ect, and I tell a lot of jokes on the side to ease the grind. But, when I'm feeling it I log on my pks and kill people at random because red. My cross to bear.
Old 01-21-2015, 07:26 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodybagger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nope. only rogean can set permissions.

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 01-21-2015, 07:31 PM
Fire Giant

So....then forum bans/suspensions literally do nothing but cause people to roll a new name and continue and nothing changes... why bother anyways? At least without them people could block/ignore one name per person instead of seeing the same person be bad under a new name each week?

Not trying to be a thorn, just genuine curiosity after spectating for a long time. I know you guys have a hard job, and one you can't possibly be getting rewarded for near as much as you catch hell with, in any way, shape, or form.
Old 01-21-2015, 09:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
to address why its so hard to get rid of bad apples, it short, its 2015. we have banned tons of player accounts and IP addresses as well as many proxys & VPNs from the site and the server, but its really really easy to get new IPs and roll a new account. if you are simply referring to forum infractions, we allow them back on a new forum account because players need forum accounts to access the petition & bug forums. as far as in game crimes against norrath, most of them (2boxing included) start as suspensions, and not bans. when we ban a player its permanent, and if they want to change their ways and put in the effort to reroll a new account, we let them. we believe in second chances, and the ability for people to change. sometimes good people just make a bad decision, and we dont feel they should receive a life sentence for that. that said, there are absolutely certain truly heinous acts that will result in us no longer allowing a person to play here.

<3
Sirks

although I don't agree with many things, this is a great post and outlook on the server in my opinion
Old 01-21-2015, 10:03 PM
Banned

Replace ban with limit to posting in petition/exploit and bugs

No new accounts
Closed Thread