Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 12:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpetrick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I may be misunderstanding the point of being a smaller guild on a red server then. I thought they wanted to be small because they value members who are much better than average players. I think a pvp alliance that ends once the biggest guild calls LnS would be favorable for both small guilds. They get to push the zerg guild out of zone and then fight the other guild for the mob. If these smaller guilds claim to be smaller because they want individual skill to matter more then it only makes sense that they would want to do something like this. If two small guilds have 20 players each with superior skill than the members of the zerg they would easily dominate as one force and then can split the alliance and fight again. I don't see how this would bleed members if you gave an accurate statement to your members of your intentions as a guild. I think you are a shitty officer if you are not making sure your members are all on the same page regarding your guilds goals.

I get a bit annoyed at seeing people complain about the zerg on this server. My guild on blue was created to avoid zerging encounters and all our members know what to expect. We enjoy playing with each other and not just lusting for the pixels. You are building your guild wrong if people are leaving for other guilds. There is an obvious and easy solution in front of you. Bitching about wanting variance is lazy when there are other guilds on the server you could create this alliance with. It's not even hard to contest when everyone knows exactly when the mobs spawn.
it's pretty obvious you don't understand red and you're probably sub level 50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Old 02-13-2015, 12:51 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humerox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it's pretty obvious you don't understand red and you're probably sub level 50.
Trying to though. Help me out with where I went wrong in my thinking.
Old 02-13-2015, 01:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpetrick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nothing wrong with your thinking at all, tbh. ideals and reality are different beasts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Old 02-13-2015, 01:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't see an end to holocaust (largest guild on the server) raiding ragefire. They also do planar raids and pretty much any mini boss. so yeah, they have reached tyrant proportions. They have an ally with us while we take your members or you aren't raiding anything worth gathering more than 6 players strategy going and the blues just want to get their bis and leave.
The ever revolving door of R99... I really wish everyone that came to R99 stuck around, we would all be having a ball right now!

Sux a few really toxic and outspoken players make it bad for everyone else!

RIP Greybeard! Was hoping he would be bringing some of them aussies from blue, but that dream is dwindling by the day!
Old 02-13-2015, 01:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Skill does matter, but if you are outnumbered 2:3 to 1 by close to BIS level 60s, you stand no chance.

Even if 1/3 of the players in the zerg are clicking an assist macro and a pumice, while doing nothing else; the team with more bodies generally wins. This change in Velious when there is gear saturation and characters end up having 2-3X the hp of the walmart geared equivalent. It then becomes a game of gear/player retention and well-established guild vs revolving door zergs.

Holocaust is a combination of a well-established guild and a zerg, which is why it is really an unstoppable force, just like Nihilum was.
Old 02-13-2015, 02:48 AM
Orc

A french person started it . Only a french person can stop it.
Old 02-13-2015, 01:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akalakamelee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2 big guilds really doesn't lead to much PvP, we need multiple smaller guilds for PvP. it will create alliances, betrayal, and sometimes teamwork to take on a common enemy. any game is far more interesting when you have multiple factions instead of just one. Honestly, high end PvP must have been boring until recently when fresh and suave got in the mix. Holo vs AZ all day everyday was getting stale. we need more guilds in the mix.
No one would disagree with this but it isn't possible and will never happen. This is a common mistake when dreaming up how you want the server to be. Instead of imagining exactly how you want things to be you need to pick between the couple realities that can actually exist on this server. There is going to be 1 guild in control. Who do you think would do this the best, can they be trusted to not RMT, how do they treat their guild members, etc. is what you need to look at.

Serious raiders or PvPers will always inch up the ladder and go to the guild that is killing the mobs with the best loot if possible so they can be the best at whatever it is they like to do. It may be to PvP better or just the satisfaction of progressing their character. There is nothing you can dream up or say that will convince a player to sit back and log in day after day as the loser when they can join the winning side. There are pockets of people who just don't care and play the game for other reasons but the majority of the players enjoy progression.

As the number one guild it is beneficial for them to stop recruiting once they know they have a clear advantage in numbers/power/gear/etc. so they know they can down all content and have to distribute those loots to as few of players as possible.

The problem with Red99 is that the population is low enough so if a guild wants to have 50-60 online they have to continually recruit just to keep that number steady. If you let up for a month or so you may log in to find yourself with only 30 available and then a guild like Azrael logs 40. The difference between distributing loot between 40 people and 60 isn't a big deal so there is no reason to split up with that attendance.

If you saw Holocaust log in with 100 for a raid there would obviously be a problem and then you would see things get more interesting. As long as Holocaust is attracting new players to the server don't worry about it.
Old 02-13-2015, 01:45 PM
Banned

We need more anonymous god damn alts and pvp chars that aren't over geared for their level range
Old 02-13-2015, 01:46 PM
Banned

yea as long as anyone can join the zerg its fine, clown.

look at what eve had to do to battle goonswarm, they had to put in a system of capital jump fatigue because they had more titans then anyone, actually making it possible for lesser "Guilds" To use the big ships because goons couldnt travel to the large battles in realistic time frames anymore.
Old 02-13-2015, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

EQ did the same thing dude (started adding raids with caps in PoTime), just later in the time line.

Shit ain't classic though.
Closed Thread