Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2020, 08:38 AM
Large Bat

Default Popular Camp Rules On Non Lore Drops

Hey team,

I've been camping AC, gotten into a few list troubles that have required parsing logs, figuring out who's right etc., oh my god it's stressful.

New question: the camp rules section states you are done camping the mob if you get your drop.

Code:
Something else important to note about handing off camps - in particular, popular ones,
 but this applies to any camp that becomes contested. 
If you are solo camping, once you attain the item you were waiting for (an AC ring, for example) 
you are done camping that mob.
Does this apply to non lore desirable items in hugely camped spots like AC in Guk? He drops the Gator Leggings. The past 4 people here have camped it and gotten 2,3 each.

I would do the same - is that legal? If not, how would it even be noticed?
Old 05-18-2020, 08:50 AM
Planar Protector

Did someone contest your camp? Was there someone waiting nearby that could reasonably take over the camp and they had informed you they are waiting? If not, then I think your'e fine. If so...well I dunno about gator legs being that kind of item....I mean they are good legs but they aren't in the same category to me as AC ring and Manastone/Guise are. I guess if you had someone waiting then you should swap out with them just on general principles.
Old 05-18-2020, 08:56 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did someone contest your camp? Was there someone waiting nearby that could reasonably take over the camp and they had informed you they are waiting? If not, then I think your'e fine. If so...well I dunno about gator legs being that kind of item....I mean they are good legs but they aren't in the same category to me as AC ring and Manastone/Guise are. I guess if you had someone waiting then you should swap out with them just on general principles.
Yeah, there's always a line that spans the day. People camp here like 10 hours minimum. Some last guy did 30.

Everyone camps this spot until they are unable to and grabs as many legs as they can. So... guess it's legit.
Old 05-18-2020, 09:01 AM
Planar Protector

OH yes if other people are grabbing mult legs then screw them. It's a good exp camp too for some levels so it really falls under the traditional camp rules. If you can keep it down, you own it. There's reasons besides the legs to camp there, and it sounds like there is no /list in play, so...no problem.
Old 05-18-2020, 09:16 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OH yes if other people are grabbing mult legs then screw them. It's a good exp camp too for some levels so it really falls under the traditional camp rules. If you can keep it down, you own it. There's reasons besides the legs to camp there, and it sounds like there is no /list in play, so...no problem.
Honestly, it works against me - most people here don't get XP. I get HUGE XP right now from this spawn. The crocs don't aggro so I can take em out super fast and safe.

It does sound like it's like a " is the item valuable enough to warrant 1x per" and the answer is no.

BTW /list is only for 3 items right? Today.
Old 05-18-2020, 09:27 AM
Planar Protector

As far as I know.
Old 05-18-2020, 10:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuchant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It does sound like it's like a " is the item valuable enough to warrant 1x per" and the answer is no.

BTW /list is only for 3 items right? Today.
As far as I can tell, it has nothing to do with value in the "how much does it sell in EC?" sense, and everything to do with value in the "does someone else want the camp?" sense.

If someone else wants the camp and you get the item, you have to give up the camp. Period. You can try and rules lawyer all you want, but the intent of the rules seems 100% clear to me. But those same rules also apply in reverse: you can take the camp back after they get the item.

If this is an issue, you should really pick an XP camp that isn't a desired treasure camp.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-18-2020, 10:45 AM
Banned

In Soviet Norrath camp XPs YOU!
Old 05-18-2020, 10:49 AM
Orc

If you get exp, it's your camp regardless if you have a wardrobe full of gator pants. The list mechanic applies to what it's programmed to apply to.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg captain_2.jpg (24.5 KB, 3 views)
Old 05-18-2020, 11:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As far as I can tell, it has nothing to do with value in the "how much does it sell in EC?" sense, and everything to do with value in the "does someone else want the camp?" sense.

If someone else wants the camp and you get the item, you have to give up the camp. Period. You can try and rules lawyer all you want, but the intent of the rules seems 100% clear to me. But those same rules also apply in reverse: you can take the camp back after they get the item.

If this is an issue, you should really pick an XP camp that isn't a desired treasure camp.
I don't think this is right. 'Desired treasure camp'? Isn't all treasure desired by definition? If he's holding it down, he has the camp. What about camps that have multiple drops that might be 'desired'. Which one triggers the 'you have to go now' mechanic? Can I roll up to you and claim that I am camping that silver piece you just got, so you have to leave now? Or the leather boots? Incoming large post from Loramin.
Last edited by fadetree; 05-18-2020 at 11:07 AM..
Closed Thread