Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2021, 05:50 PM
Aviak

Both guides are very helpful. I'll have to refer to them while playing. Thank you
Old 02-13-2021, 05:51 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't remember if it works for sub 35 mobs. they all insta blur, right?

Have you tried sneaking behind one of the guards, aggroing it (so the other comes to you) then FDing on the first guard's spawn (so he resets instantly). As soon as the second guard starts to path back stand up (making sure it doesn't make it back to spawn) and reaggro the first. Pull them away from the spawn locs. FD again. The guard who moved off his spawn the first time should instantly start walking away. The other guard (which should now have a timer before it paths back) has a good chance of sticking around long enough to be pulled without aggroing the other.

On indoor zones you could also use geometry to break line of sight between the two mobs on pathback and make things easier.

This is all IIRC, I've not pulled on my monk in A G E S.

I haven't tried that but I will. The hard thing with the LOS I am finding is that the mobs are often so close together I can't break los without losing both of them.
Old 02-13-2021, 09:15 PM
Fire Giant

Another trick is lets say you pull 2 mobs and FD and they decide to walk back almost at the same time. Stand up and wait for 1 of the 2 to path all the way back and immediately re-aggro. They will both come again but when you FD the 2nd one (one who didnt get all the way back to spawn) will start walking back again right away, while the 1st one stays for a bit
Closed Thread