Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2022, 09:28 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by zati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't drink soda - It's just pure sugar water(fructose/glucose) fructose can only be metabolize by the liver and its stored as fat when too much is ingested. It raises your insulin so high you become insulin resistant overtime

Don't eat processed foods - Anything that comes prepackaged with more than a bajillion ingredients

Stay away from vegetable oils - Corn,Cotton,Safflower, Canola oils are all rancid by the time they hit the shelves.

Eat your fats - Saturated fats are healthy for you, aka butter,lard,tallow. The 7 country study got you duped into eating plastic butter/fake fats which is inflammatory n disrupts hormones. Healthy fats train your mitochondria to burn fat instead of glucose.

Calories aren't made the same - Stop counting calories. Hormones is all that matters. imbalanced insulin, ghrelin and leptin cause weight gain.

hope this helps. you can pm me for more info if you need it.
hormones do matter but at the end of the day you cant break the laws of thermodynamics. Protein is the hardest to break down and has 4 calories per gram, carbohydrates are next most difficult at still 4 calories per gram, and fats have 9 calories per gram and are most easily converted to lipids. There is something to say about trying to store too many carbs as well because after I believe its 500 grams? (2,000 calories) you cant really hold much more glycogen and it starts to be stored as adipose tissue (fat). you also cant just eat nothing but protein because it will destroy your liver and most studies have concluded there isnt much point to eating more than .7 to .8 grams per pound of bodyweight unless its for the sake of satiety. You also cant just cut out fat because then it will fuck with your hormones, your test will drop to shit and your dick will stop working.

For the vast majority of people they just need to move more and eat a little less. Too many people slash their calories too far right off the bat because theyre impatient and kill their metabolism because it does adjust out of your bodies desire to not, you know, die. They also do things like cut out all carbs, which means you arent storing glycogen as you expend it, and lose a lot of water weight (every gram of glycogen holds 3 grams of water) and insist theyre losing fat. They may be losing some, but rapid weight loss is more often than not water weight.
Ielwenu - 56 magician
Deeloofie - 49 monk
Old 01-06-2022, 09:49 AM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-06-2022, 10:52 AM
Sarnak

Doesn't Vanquish have 2 active trans people?

I have to think that Vanquish would be hesitant to fat shame too heavily since half their player base sits at the computer all day every day.
Old 01-06-2022, 10:55 AM
Sarnak

Oh, isn't Riot's guild leader an openly gay man? That is pretty darn progressive and awesome IMO. I'm stoked that there are places in this world where people can be openly gay and trans and not attacked for it.
Old 01-06-2022, 11:54 AM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-06-2022, 01:35 PM
Banned

whats the yellow doritos i never had those b4
Old 01-06-2022, 02:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrddraal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hormones do matter but at the end of the day you cant break the laws of thermodynamics. Protein is the hardest to break down and has 4 calories per gram, carbohydrates are next most difficult at still 4 calories per gram, and fats have 9 calories per gram and are most easily converted to lipids. There is something to say about trying to store too many carbs as well because after I believe its 500 grams? (2,000 calories) you cant really hold much more glycogen and it starts to be stored as adipose tissue (fat). you also cant just eat nothing but protein because it will destroy your liver and most studies have concluded there isnt much point to eating more than .7 to .8 grams per pound of bodyweight unless its for the sake of satiety. You also cant just cut out fat because then it will fuck with your hormones, your test will drop to shit and your dick will stop working.

For the vast majority of people they just need to move more and eat a little less. Too many people slash their calories too far right off the bat because theyre impatient and kill their metabolism because it does adjust out of your bodies desire to not, you know, die. They also do things like cut out all carbs, which means you arent storing glycogen as you expend it, and lose a lot of water weight (every gram of glycogen holds 3 grams of water) and insist theyre losing fat. They may be losing some, but rapid weight loss is more often than not water weight.
100% Agree with ya you definitely know yer stuff. Also the body can't release body fat with Insulin present ; bio chemistry plays a role if you've ever encountered someone taking insulin because they are type 1/2 diabetic... Insulin is a storage hormone and most peoples fasting insulin is HIGH (strong indicator of prediabetes NOT blood glucose). Even if you "reduce calories" your body has a smart and grand design..it will reduce RMR(to match that calorie deficit overtime) then store more fat because of the law of thermodynamics. They have a study on this from the show The biggest loser.. their base line RMR at the beginning of the show was at ~2600 and reduced down by 700 at 30weeks and remained low after 6yrs.. meaning they burn less calories at rest, and are hungrier... so yeah most contestants got fat again.

the easiest approach without counting numbers is to...Cut out soda,refined carbs, fix hormones(mainly insulin) or you'll circle jerk yer way back to being fat..

Eat more fat> regulate hormones> regulate satiety >eat less by default(less calories/less meal frequency) > reduce fasting insulin > body has access to all fat stores.
Old 01-06-2022, 02:45 PM
Skeleton

its 2022 post better, you can be anyone on the internet, don't be this guy anymore. Its time for a change, this clearly isn't working for you.
Old 01-06-2022, 04:18 PM
Kobold

On the biggest loser they also basically just torture these people too. Theyre not getting them into sustainable habits or giving them the skills they need to maintain their weight loss. But yes, over all, I agree with what you said.
Ielwenu - 56 magician
Deeloofie - 49 monk
Old 01-06-2022, 05:41 PM
Banned

I don’t dissect the nutrient macros or go too hard on any diet because I’ll burn out

My layman version is:

- the more sugar you have, the more sugar you’ll crave, I’ve noticed anyway. Once I can get through the woods on a sugar detox, it makes it a lot easier to stay away. What really helps is just never buying it and never keeping any in the house. But the problem I run into is we have like 3 different gals who are amazing bakers and bring baked stuff to work every week. That becomes really hard to walk past 10 times a day…

- Find a form of movement that you don’t hate, there’s gotta be something out there. For me it’s running and lifting. Swimming I absolutely hate, but do it 3 times/week too

- If you don’t have the energy to move, try pre-workout powder. That stuff gets you cranked! Drink lots of water after because I’ve noticed caffeine dehydrates me. This won’t work for people who are caffeine sensitive or work out before bed though

That’s it off the top of my head
Closed Thread