Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #631  
Old 05-27-2022, 09:33 PM
Skarne Skarne is offline
Fire Giant

Skarne's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Paul Allenís apartment
Posts: 783
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why do you think salty motherfuckers are so on edge (lol)
Arrg then they shu walk de plank. If yu Don liyke murica u cn get urt.
__________________
ďThe fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.ď- Little Carmine
Reply With Quote
  #632  
Old 05-27-2022, 09:35 PM
Mblake1981 Mblake1981 is offline
Planar Protector

Mblake1981's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 3,074
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Arrg then they shu walk de plank. If yu Don liyke murica u cn get urt.
Arrrgh, that be a two-way plank matey
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #633  
Old 05-27-2022, 09:36 PM
Skarne Skarne is offline
Fire Giant

Skarne's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Paul Allenís apartment
Posts: 783
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why do you think salty motherfuckers are so on edge (lol)

But to be real, it doesn't happen overnight.
In all seriousness I get your point itís a scary thought. But you canít assume the worst out of even minimum additional legislation without first seeing if it will help. I know youíre going to say itís a slippery slope but to fix this issue itís absolutely irresponsible not to try every avenue within reason. But we donít get to decide that which is why I get the paranoia about the situation. I donít have the answers. Iím just trying to understand why all the entrenched positions.
__________________
ďThe fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.ď- Little Carmine
Reply With Quote
  #634  
Old 05-27-2022, 09:37 PM
Mblake1981 Mblake1981 is offline
Planar Protector

Mblake1981's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 3,074
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In all seriousness I get your point it’s a scary thought. But you can’t assume the worst out of even minimum additional legislation without first seeing if it will help.
Yes I can, there are no rules stating that I cannot. In fact, it would seem sound reason to do so. Like a cat-burgler testing the windows.

edit: a special treat for Khajiit.
__________________
Last edited by Mblake1981; 05-27-2022 at 09:40 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #635  
Old 05-27-2022, 09:40 PM
Elizondo Elizondo is offline
Planar Protector

Elizondo's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 2,774
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Ukrainian military and civilian militia stepped up and saved their country, no question: I'm not trying to argue otherwise.

What I'm saying is without Western military support it wouldn't have mattered how hard they fought, Russia would have ultimately dominated.
Ukraine is losing, badly

Stop watching CNN
Reply With Quote
  #636  
Old 05-27-2022, 09:40 PM
Skarne Skarne is offline
Fire Giant

Skarne's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Paul Allenís apartment
Posts: 783
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes I can, there are no rules stating that I cannot. In fact, it would seem sound reason to do so. Like a cat-burgler testing the windows.
So it boils down to the fact you’re afraid the government will seize all guns. Got it.
__________________
ďThe fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.ď- Little Carmine
Reply With Quote
  #637  
Old 05-27-2022, 09:42 PM
Reiwa Reiwa is offline
Planar Protector

Reiwa's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2021
Posts: 3,151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shall not be infringed.

It's called punctuation. The left thinks that the constitution doesnt have it.

But it does!

It says a well regulated militia is the meat and potatoes of a free nation, and the right to bear arms will not be infringed because bears are bad ass.
Twitter told me regulated means 'well supplied' or 'well regimented'.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik View Post
Thanks Otrompa
Reply With Quote
  #638  
Old 05-27-2022, 09:44 PM
Horza Horza is offline
Planar Protector

Horza's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 6,748
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So it boils down to the fact you’re afraid the government will seize all guns. Got it.
Guns, white women, whatever else. They still haven't gotten over losing the Civil War yet, so they're just itching to have another go at it.
Reply With Quote
  #639  
Old 05-27-2022, 09:45 PM
Mblake1981 Mblake1981 is offline
Planar Protector

Mblake1981's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 3,074
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Twitter told me regulated means 'well supplied' or 'well regimented'.
I think the people who make such arguments are bad faith actors.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #640  
Old 05-27-2022, 09:46 PM
unsunghero unsunghero is offline
Planar Protector

unsunghero's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 4,964
Default

I know a lot of people here hate Matt Walsh but he completely knocks it out of the park with his critique of Uwalde police on his special:

“Well there it is there [in response to Uwalde cop’s argument for why they waited for backup for an hour]. ‘We’ll if they had gone in they could have been shot and killed”. Yeah. Right, they could have been. But that’s your job. You’re a police officer, and those are little children inside that building. So your job is actually to put yourself in between that bad guy and the child. Even if it means you get shot and killed in the process. That’s your job

Don’t want to do that job? Get a different job. Go work at Walmart, I hear they’re hiring. If that’s not a job they’re prepared to do. I mean they’re waiting for a ballistic shield before they can go in. You’re waiting for a ballistic shield…while kids are being executed? Where is your honor as a man? How can you even live with yourself. That’s why I say no one can know how you would react in a situation like this until you’re in the situation…but I just…

How would you not have this compulsion…every fiber in your being, I would think, would be driving you into that room because how could you live with yourself afterwards? Yeah if you go in you might be shot and killed…but if you don’t go in, and you sit outside while kids are dying, you’re going to wish you had been killed. I would rather BE dead than live with that the rest of my life, I couldn’t live with it. So it’s honor and courage that brings you in the door but it’s also in its own way a form of self-preservation because who wants to live a life like that the rest of their life knowing you could have done something while these kids were being slaughtered but you were standing outside waiting for a shield

But they weren’t doing nothing, as video has come out and shown they were handcuffing parents and reportedly tazed at least one of them to stop the parents from going in to rescue their children. There’s video, very heart wrenching video, of parents screaming “go in and save my child” and they weren’t doing it. The parents would try and go in themselves and they would stop the parents. Now listen, if they were already in a gunfight with this guy, and they were already there trying to save the kids, then I can understand keeping the parents out because they’re just going to add to the body count, you’re not gonna let parents just run into the middle of that. But if you’re not doing ANYTHING, if you’re just waiting for an hour for more people to show up, then if you’re not willing to do it and children are being killed and someone else is willing to do it you let them do it

This is totally unconscionable”
__________________
Life is like a grindstone. It can polish you, or it can pulverize you, depending on how you position yourself
Last edited by unsunghero; 05-27-2022 at 09:48 PM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:34 AM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.