Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 10:24 AM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Amelinda Send a message via Yahoo to Amelinda
Default PLZ READ: GUARDS, Faction and GM Rezzes...

Hi!!

In case you haven't noticed HERE all guards now assist. (except apparently some NFP ones)

Quote:
Rogean/Nilbog: City guards will now indiscriminately attack any players that they notice making offensive actions towards another player.
They also attack if you manastone or cannibalize or nuke yourself. I don't know about lich. I am not going to GM-rez for this anymore so spread the word amongst the uninformed.

There have also been massive faction changes:
Quote:
  • Nilbog: Freeport rogues are now on the correct faction.
  • Nilbog: Doran Vargnus is now primary faction StormGuard.
  • Nilbog: The band of adventurers in North Karana now have faction and pathing.
  • Nilbog: Slansin Denvin now primary faction CoalitionofTradefolkIll
  • Nilbog: Mangler provides faction hits when killed.
  • Sundawg: Base faction modifiers brought more inline with classic; work ongoing. Please beware as your travel, /con everything.
  • Sundawg: Equalized initial turn in experience and faction hits for all characters. No characters should start above amiable with their guild.
So your bind spot in the bank beside the guards MIGHT NOT be safe anymore.

Check your bind spot before you die and correct your issue. YOUR faction issue is not the fault of the staff. well....in this case it's all Sundawg's fault BUT you can imagine my great difficulty in determining who is scamming and who is honest.....

so moving forward i'm not rezzing for this either. Manage your faction [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also....

if the guard killed you the first time for cannibalizing or manastoning why in the hell did you do it again ?????????? Everyone who has petitioned this has two corpses. The first one i can accept as a mistake but the second one seems a lot like stupidity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-21-2011, 10:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelinda [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi!!

In case you haven't noticed HERE all guards now assist. (except apparently some NFP ones)

They also attack if you manastone or cannibalize or nuke yourself. I don't know about lich. I am not going to GM-rez for this anymore so spread the word amongst the uninformed.

There have also been massive faction changes:

So your bind spot in the bank beside the guards MIGHT NOT be safe anymore.

Check your bind spot before you die and correct your issue. YOUR faction issue is not the fault of the staff. well....in this case it's all Sundawg's fault BUT you can imagine my great difficulty in determining who is scamming and who is honest.....

so moving forward i'm not rezzing for this either. Manage your faction [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also....

if the guard killed you the first time for cannibalizing or manastoning why in the hell did you do it again ?????????? Everyone who has petitioned this has two corpses. The first one i can accept as a mistake but the second one seems a lot like stupidity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You just went up a notch in my book, now your at notch one.
Old 12-21-2011, 01:44 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Amelinda Send a message via Yahoo to Amelinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arillious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You just went up a notch in my book, now your at notch one.
thanks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-21-2011, 01:51 PM
Sarnak

Was self inflicted damage a cause of guard agro on live? It was common for me to keep disease cloud up when on RZ and I cannot recall getting guard agro because of it. But then again that was 8 years ago. Also how is dispell considered in this whole thing and does someones level of faction come into play?
Last edited by Kastro; 12-21-2011 at 01:53 PM..
Old 12-21-2011, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

lol @ asking gm for exp rez. definately making level human called bakeracted and nuking myself in fp.
Old 12-21-2011, 02:12 PM
Orc

It's probably a byproduct of the code to get guards to assist. They'll attack anything that damages a nearby player, so that would result in them attacking you if you damage yourself.
Old 12-21-2011, 02:12 PM
Kobold

Lich does not incite the guards. They like to see necros hurt themselves.

Zeler
Old 12-21-2011, 03:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kastro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was self inflicted damage a cause of guard agro on live? It was common for me to keep disease cloud up when on RZ and I cannot recall getting guard agro because of it. But then again that was 8 years ago. Also how is dispell considered in this whole thing and does someones level of faction come into play?
Yes, it was like that on live. You always had to step away from the guards to dot yourself.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:35 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softcore PK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, it was like that on live. You always had to step away from the guards to dot yourself.
It was not intentionally coded this way. That side effect is a bug for the moment.

pvp protection didn't exist at all for eqemu, so Rogean wrote something for it. Suicidal tendencies weren't considered at the time. :P It's fixed next patch I believe.

You're saying guards killed people for hurting themselves, or only for dots? Because I remember using a manastone at city gates.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was not intentionally coded this way. That side effect is a bug for the moment.

pvp protection didn't exist at all for eqemu, so Rogean wrote something for it. Suicidal tendencies weren't considered at the time. :P It's fixed next patch I believe.

You're saying guards killed people for hurting themselves, or only for dots? Because I remember using a manastone at city gates.
I remember it for nukes actually, not dots. When I used to play on live I would like to max my casting skills every so often, and I remember on my druid being killed by the Kelethin guards for casting my level 1 nuke on myself to raise evocation. Learned very quickly not to skill up on myself too close to the lifts :P