Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 02:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vile [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There. Is. No. Mid. Lvl. Pvp.
Yes. There. Is. And. It. Is. Fun. As. Hell.

Lots of QQ in here. I think first or second page was where it was a good discussion between Vile and Lazor then went to garbage.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:34 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

as i have detailed before its due to xp being tough and us pvp'ers not good at pve
Old 03-31-2012, 02:03 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Truth Send a message via AIM to Truth Send a message via MSN to Truth Send a message via Yahoo to Truth

video games r hard????? or is it that doing the same thing over and over with predictable results (pve) is just insufferably boring
Old 03-31-2012, 03:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
video games r hard????? or is it that doing the same thing over and over with predictable results (pve) is just insufferably boring
Truth
Planar Protector

El Culo
Sarnak
Location: best bak da fuk up 'fo u get smak'd da fuk up~ nyoro~n h00t {o,o}

Plays Blue and comments in red about how boring pve is.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:16 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-31-2012, 05:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
leaderboards as well, currently the server is pointless to play on as it gets old killing the same nihilum zergers for the 800th time whereupon i get to sit and med for 10 minutes, having made them lose nothing for their death and having gained nothing for my victory.

at least yellow text and a leaderboard would provide some form of motivation.
Leaderboards are stupid and skewed. They prove nothing. Case in point, Solid. The guy was awful yet farmed alts for points to get that "i'm so l33t" ego.

Yellow text benefits in so many ways. Showing where pvp is, who is being griefed, exposes assholes who are ccing, and I'm sure theres a ton more.

Global ooc makes a serverwide trade channel and lfg.

Also, in regards to Vile. I have 36days played.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silikten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Leaderboards are stupid and skewed. They prove nothing. Case in point, Solid. The guy was awful yet farmed alts for points to get that "i'm so l33t" ego.

Yellow text benefits in so many ways. Showing where pvp is, who is being griefed, exposes assholes who are ccing, and I'm sure theres a ton more.

Also, in regards to Vile. I have 36days played.
Considering VZTZ had YT, want to explain how Solid farmed alts with server wide broadcasts on who was slain?
Old 03-31-2012, 06:10 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silikten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I agree with Big Silikten the Wise
Old 03-31-2012, 06:21 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aenor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"The server pop sucks because it caters to the poop-socking, basement dwelling, 10+ hour days of grinding neck-beards."

Nope. The server pop sucks because they didn't ban people who were caught cheating. Who wants to invest all the effort required into a server that's not legit?

It's extremely short sighted of any staff to not enforce massive bans simply because they're afraid of depopulating their server. Time and time again it's been shown how letting it slide and being soft only results in the exact same outcome, it only taking a few months longer and leaving only the cheaters.

Quote:
Combined with global /ooc, it's a damn good conversation starter.
Last edited by Beastro; 03-31-2012 at 06:25 PM..
Old 03-31-2012, 06:33 PM
Banned

Quote:

I have never played any other emu's, and the only yellow text I am familiar with is from early 2000's /dueling.

However, I can imagine the following scenario:
Filthed corpse camping Bahamut in Guk.

Locations are not included in YT, so people start asking around, "Where is Filthed/Bahamut" (even people not in Holocaust or Founding Fathers because they want to kill Filthed/rescue Bahamut whatever..)

Finds out hes in Guk ice cometing a sweet innocent naked cleric at his bind.

Several guilds and independants arrive to Guk and some exciting PvP starts in multiple areas, between multiple guilds/independants.

Fun is had all around.
Closed Thread