Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 11:20 PM
Fire Giant

Default A sarnak courier - Goblin Gazughi Ring

Hi all! I spent a number of hours during the weekend trying to get the Goblin Gazughi Ring for my Druid but was unsuccessful. Over maybe a 5 hour period I was able to get 'a sarnak courier' to spawn x3 times; one time he had some disappointing +5 mana ring and the other two times he had a bloodstone ring [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The first spawn was probably 30 minutes in, the second and third were within minutes of each other at about the 3 hour mark, nothing after that.

For those who have done this before, what was your experience with him and the ring dropping? I would really like to get it as it would be extremely useful for me!

P99 - Blue
Lafael - Druid - Level 60
Garnagle - Necro - Level 57
Seductress - Enchanter - Level 52
Sweets - Bard - Level 35
Venexia - Shaman - Level 60
Wonderelf - Warrior - Level 51
Old 11-10-2013, 11:21 PM
Planar Protector

I averaged about 1 in 30 or so, I've had 3 rings drop. Totally RNG though, so it could be 1 in 100, or drop on the first kill, just depends on your luck.
Old 11-10-2013, 11:22 PM
Planar Protector

Got really lucky and he dropped it the third time I killed him. Every other time I've tried to get him to drop it, I've had very little luck. I'm usually able to spawn him every 10-15 mins though.
Old 11-10-2013, 11:35 PM
Aviak

I wrote a brief guide to getting the courier to spawn, it's available on the wiki here: http://wiki.project1999.com/A_sarnak_courier

If you want an in person demonstration I would be more than happy to help out, just send me a tell if you see me online. If you're doing this on your druid, I think your best bet would be to charm a barracuda to do most of the killing of the 30 second respawns after you AoE down all the potential placeholders.

As for the droprate, I was averaging one ring every 2-3 hours when I was farming them. I haven't farmed them in a long time, however, and the drop rate may have changed!
Last edited by tacite; 11-14-2013 at 03:53 AM..
Old 11-10-2013, 11:42 PM
Fire Giant

My advice, as I've been able to camp two of these so far on Red. I would find the spawn points and stick to just one spawn point. They pop so fast its really easier to just sit on top of a spawn point and smash them as they pop. You can kill a few of the others roaming in between and watch track in case any happen to pop up but definitely stick to one spawn point. The reason being is that the courier is so low level that he gets killed rather quickly by goblins and the roaming crusader.

I got my first one in about 3 nights totaling about 12 or so hours, the second I got in about 6 hours in one session. I'm usually able to get one about every 15 or 20 courier kills.

Doing the method of sitting on a specific spawn point you should see about 2 courier spawns every hour on average.
Old 11-10-2013, 11:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacite [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wrote a brief guide to getting the courier to spawn, it's available on the wiki here: http://wiki.project1999.com/A_sarnak_courier

If you want an in person demonstration I would be more than happy to help out, just send me a tell if you see me online. If you're doing this on your druid, I think your best bet would be to charm a barracuda to do most of the killing of the 30 second respawns after you AoE down all the potential placeholders.

As for the droprate, I was averaging one ring every 2-3 hours when I was farming them. I haven't farmed them in a long time, however, and the drop rate may have changed!
My matches were the same as OP, however using a cuda did speed up the killing. None the less, 4 hours and 10 courier downs yielded no drops. I had two kill steals that did yield drops. I may go back in and just collect everything. Best bet is also to make sure you're killing goblins as well as they do kill steal any sarnaks.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:23 AM
Fire Giant

Actually I didn't mean to say that I was averaging one ring every 2-3hours, I meant to say I was averaging 2-3 couriers per hour [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-11-2013, 02:53 AM
Fire Giant

Hi Tacite

Thank you for your guide, that is what I have been using.

I did another stint during my (extended) lunch break today; over 2 hours worth he spawned 3 times, 10 minutes in, then 40 minute end, then a bit after 2 hours. That is with both points spawning. Nothing. I did not know about the baracuda (my first time in the zone) so I'll use that going forward, thank you for the suggestion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

P99 - Blue
Lafael - Druid - Level 60
Garnagle - Necro - Level 57
Seductress - Enchanter - Level 52
Sweets - Bard - Level 35
Venexia - Shaman - Level 60
Wonderelf - Warrior - Level 51
Old 11-11-2013, 09:32 AM
Aviak

I got my first ring on my druid when i first went there to actually lvl around lvl 22-28ish...i believe it took me about 10 days or so. (2 years ago?)

Then i went back at around lvl 55 about a month or so ago to get my lil chanter a ring...i was killing the 2 spots that the wiki shows...i was /root and /staffing them down....took forever to kill...spent 10 hours first day....10 hours the second day...then on the 3rd day, divine inspiration hit "i wonder if theres any animals around to charm", so i quickly find me a pet cuda and withing 3 hours had a ring...killed close to 40 courriers total...

I was xping in perma pits, logged in and it was camped, so i said to myself go camp another ring just for fun...in 12-14 hours i was on number 36 and suck F it and left.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:59 AM
Planar Protector

Took me 13 to get mine.
Closed Thread