Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2018, 10:45 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default 3 man group question

Hello,

Some friends and I played back around launch until the cat people showed up. I found this site reading the wiki for nostalgia. Anyway on to my question. I've got 2 friends that want to all level together as a 3 man squad and then group up with others at higher level. Not sure if we would raid much because of the time commitment. What classes would you suggest for the best 3 man squad to level without a too much downtime?

Thanks!
Old 11-25-2018, 12:29 PM
Planar Protector

Cleric & enchanter is just stupid OP for their power / survivability ability to kill almost anything. Just add another class in there that doesnt have to melee and you'll be set for no downtime.

Third player:

Another enchanter = more killing power and CC. Cleric will have to pay more attention to charm breaks as a double break can ruin group even more easily than single charm break.

Another Cleric = basically you realy wont have to worry about ever wiping on content with extra heals. Doesn't add much besides more insurance

Bard = even more regen (hp / mana) with extra dot damage, snare kiting, fear kiting, charming, mez, etc. Won't directly impact how fast you kill really (85%+ of damage would be from charm pet) but will make everything else run smoother or better.

Druid = ez transportation, sow, extra heals / dmg / charm (animals).

Magician = extra dps

Necromancer = Basically the same as having an extra enchanter (with option of just using normal pet vs charm) and later on having options to give some heals and mana if needed.

Shaman = Extra damage, lower resists, can deal with slows so enchanter doesnt have to. Very useful to malo mobs prior to charm. Supplements heals

Wizard = ez transportation (no sow though) and lots of damage. Possible longer downtime for med.

IMO Cleric / Ench / Neco or Shaman is the strongest youll get with least downtime.
Old 11-25-2018, 12:33 PM
Banned

Shaman / monk / rogue
Shaman / monk / ench
Cleric / ench / ench
Cleric / ench / necro
Mage / mage / bard
Ench /necro / bard
Shaman / ench / bard

All of these groups will have plenty of DPS and like zero downtime well except for probably waiting for respawns at whatever camp you decide to murder
Old 11-25-2018, 12:49 PM
Planar Protector

Future-proof yourselves by choosing classes that can duo with each other if any one member quits, or even solo (at least some) if two of you quit. Many players under-estimate P1999's lengthy leveling curve, and quite a few get discouraged and stop playing. Don't make yourself reliant upon people who might not be here in three months' time.

Danth
Old 11-25-2018, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

Cat people?
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 11-25-2018, 01:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cat people?
The Kerrans, which were added in Luclin. This means this server should be perfect for the OP, because it goes exactly from launch until just before Luclin.

As for the best trio, I'd just recommend having a Druid as one of the three, especially if you don't have a Shaman as one of the other two. SoW and ports are easy to dismiss since neither helps you kill faster, but they'll make a huge difference in your group's ability/willingness to explore. And animal charming, damage shields, heals, nukes, DoTs, etc. don't hurt either.

As for the other two Shaman + Monk and Enchanter + Cleric are both very powerful.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-25-2018, 02:07 PM
Banned

Odd groups are a lot of fun. You guys should play the classes that interest you. Don't force any particular setup.
Old 11-25-2018, 02:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomaroast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Odd groups are a lot of fun. You guys should play the classes that interest you. Don't force any particular setup.
This.

You're trio will quit quicker than you could say easy as a.b.c 1.2.3 if everyone is playing classes they dont enjoy.
Old 11-25-2018, 02:33 PM
Planar Protector

CLR/ENC/MNK

thank me later
On Discord: NextToTheGods#0088
<Riot>
[Enchanter] Falamin (Dark Elf)
[Bard] Telrin (Half Elf)
[Shaman] Warzog (Ogre)
[Druid] Vildar (Wood Elf)
[Necromancer] Szersis (Iksar)
[Monk] Raszis (Iksar)
[Cleric] Atrial (Human)
[Wizard] Atomize (Gnome)
[Mule] Plotlard (Human)
Old 11-25-2018, 05:54 PM
Sarnak

If all 3 are just starting with no plat and no gear, another possible way to have fun together is mage/mage/mage. it's super fun to see 3 fire pets eat up mobs with damage shield and all 3 mages can focus nuke on a single mob to break camps. with 3 mages, you can get to 50s naked.

Earn some level and some plat and then mini twink the above trio as new twinks!
Closed Thread