Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2018, 09:07 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Lost my corpse

Heya fellas,

I started playing EverQuest the first time today, really enjoyed the pace so far.

So I ventured deep into the starting zone, slaying mobs and getting XP.

At one point I got overwhelmed by a couple of mobs and panicked, ran for my life.

Now I'm completely lost ingame, tryed to find that corpse but it's not possible anymore.

Should I start over or how do you guys handle such things?
Old 11-27-2018, 09:21 PM
Kobold

Shadow Knights, Bards and Necromancers have spells they can use to locate or summon your corpse, if it's lost and there is stuff on it that you want (or if you want a rez). If you're low level, I wouldn't worry about it, it's easy to replace stuff.

In the future, I suggest binding a key (such as right arrow) to a hotkey (like 0/zero), making that hotkey a macro, and putting /loc in the macro. /loc prints your X/Y/Z coordinates in the zone. That way there is a good chance you will always know where your corpses are. Also turn /log on just in case you go LD after dying so you can look up your location in the log file.

Welcome to EQ! Don't give up! :P
Old 11-28-2018, 07:45 AM
Aviak

If you can provide more details like the zone you were in, chances are people can tell you the loc here on the forums.

That's what happened in this thread:
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=311585
Old 11-28-2018, 10:18 AM
Planar Protector

Truely a classic eq experience. EQ likes to teach hard lessons, like always be aware of where you are.

Use others for help. You can always ask in /ooc if anyone has seen it. Ask if a bard, necro or shadowknight and help you with locate corpse. Run around, b/c the newbie areas outside of cities are not THAT big. There is a decent chance you can find it or see things that look familiar to narrow down the area. You can make a hotkey with "/target [name]'s" which can let you know you are getting close even if you don't see it b/c it will target it. If all else fails losing your corpse at lvl 1-5 really doesn't matter much.
Closed Thread