Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2019, 07:06 AM
Fire Giant

Default is it confirmed that 5 min AFK checks will be implemented for lists?

if this is true, players should really reconsider how destructive this is going to be on your actual health. people outside of the top 10 are literally going to have suffer from some serious health problems...you'll be up for 24+ hours before you can even loot the item. anything past being in the top 20 forget it, you're actually going to actually die if you even try.

if anything, AFK checks should be for the top 6 (a full group) and as the item is looted, the next man in should then be bound by the AFK check. let's be real, the only reason people are going to reroll on green is so they can loot those special items (guise/manastone). in actuality the list for these two items will be 15+ for the first 6 months.

the Salt King <Ironborn>
Old 10-24-2019, 07:07 AM
Planar Protector

Where did you get the 5 minute part?
There will be afk checks if you're on a /list and it's per person not per group.

I'm prepared to sit in front of my computer for 72 hours. If other people are not, well maybe they should consider doing something else with their time.

That being said.. a guild or group could dedicate to round the clock logging into characters to keep them online 24/7.

---
Ideally everyone will work together to kill the mob as much as possible to speed up the list.
In reality people will be scumbags and semi-afk not helping just waiting to loot the item.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 10-24-2019 at 07:11 AM..
Old 10-24-2019, 07:11 AM
Planar Protector

ground flooring this multi-page thread soon to be full of replies inadvertently showing we must dramatically increase the drop rates on (yes) or altogether remove legacy items (no)
Old 10-24-2019, 07:26 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermonk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if this is true, players should really reconsider how destructive this is going to be on your actual health. people outside of the top 10 are literally going to have suffer from some serious health problems...you'll be up for 24+ hours before you can even loot the item. anything past being in the top 20 forget it, you're actually going to actually die if you even try.

if anything, AFK checks should be for the top 6 (a full group) and as the item is looted, the next man in should then be bound by the AFK check. let's be real, the only reason people are going to reroll on green is so they can loot those special items (guise/manastone). in actuality the list for these two items will be 15+ for the first 6 months.
Yeah no. Having the AFK checks will make the queue go faster by keeping out the people (such as yourself) who can't be bothered to make a mouseclick every five minutes and by removing the ones that fail to do so.
Old 10-24-2019, 07:26 AM
Banned

On grN betA
WheN me wAs FD checKs haPpen
WheN me was SmAshn no checSk happeN
Old 10-24-2019, 07:27 AM
Planar Protector

Still looking for a screenshot showing one of these afk checks
Old 10-24-2019, 07:36 AM
Banned

ItS caUght on me StreaM when FD
Will try 2 mAke cliP latEr
Old 10-24-2019, 08:33 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermonk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

sorry to burst your bauble but theres a heap of people that just want to experience a fresh eq classic server. I think youll find yourself in the minority.
Old 10-24-2019, 08:48 AM
Fire Giant

is list gonna detect ip changes? sharing accounts would be gaming the system.

maybe we should have to be on cam to /list. fully nude to avoid any tricky business, with hourly visual cavity inspections.
Old 10-24-2019, 08:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnomishfirework [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
is list gonna detect ip changes? sharing accounts would be gaming the system.
I want to know this too. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread