Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: Before vs. after the merge, which was more fun you for you?
Pre-merge I had more fun 180 60.81%
Post-merge I'm having more fun 29 9.80%
I had roughly the same amount of fun before/after 54 18.24%
Bush merged the towers into the ground 33 11.15%
Voters: 296. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2020, 02:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by silo32 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm still having fun. Shrug. Given the opt-in id split them till legacy items are removed.

Sometimes i leave the char select screen up or leave a lvl 1 mule logged in for day's. I find it fun boosting pop nbrs.

Fun is relative n subjective
Split so people can simultaneously farm legacy items on two servers at once
Old 02-06-2020, 02:36 PM
Planar Protector

I was loving Teal! Idk if it's a random coincidence but I've found my interest in Everquest waning ever since the merge. I used to play a few hrs every day and now I only log in on the weekends and the last few weekends I haven't been enjoying myself. I've actually been contemplating quitting entirely. Which is crazy coming from me...EQ been part of my life in some shape or form the last 20+ years.

Is it time to end the quest?

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 02-06-2020, 02:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was loving Teal! Idk if it's a random coincidence but I've found my interest in Everquest waning ever since the merge. I used to play a few hrs every day and now I only log in on the weekends and the last few weekends I haven't been enjoying myself. I've actually been contemplating quitting entirely. Which is crazy coming from me...EQ been part of my life in some shape or form the last 20+ years.

Is it time to end the quest?
Guessing that's a coincidence unless you are quitting because you think things are too crowded
Old 02-06-2020, 02:44 PM
Sarnak

100% had more fun before merge.

I've been trying to sum up my personal feelings in a colloquial manner and the best I can do is..... Imagine you are a kid playing board games one night with your family. Everyone is relaxed - laughing and having a good time and picking on each other in a loving way.

The next day, a car accident happens. Your parents are now dead. You didn't see it coming.

You now live at your Uncle Jerry's house, who is rumored to be a pedophile. Uncle Jerry insists the rumors are not true.. but you don't like the idea of getting poked in the butt so you and your siblings move very cautiously around the house. Everyone is on edge and the laughter is gone. You miss home.
Last edited by Aeaolena; 02-06-2020 at 03:03 PM.. Reason: emphasis on 'my personal feelings'
Old 02-06-2020, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeaolena [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I've been trying to sum up my personal feelings in a colloquial manner and the best I can do is..... Imagine you are a kid playing board games one night with your family. Everyone is relaxed - laughing and having a good time and picking on each other in a loving way.

The next day, a car accident happens. Your parents are now dead. You didn't see it coming.

You now live at your Uncle Jerry's house, who is rumored to be a pedophile. Uncle Jerry insists the rumors are not true.. but you don't like the idea of getting poked in the butt so you and your siblings move very cautiously around the house. Everyone is on edge and the laughter is gone. You miss home.
Well that analogy was totally unhelpful without any context as to why specifically you don't like the merge. Are you one of the people who just wants to go to the high ZEM zones or farm the most valuable items/cash camps and you aren't having fun because you think it's too crowded because you can't do whatever you want whenever you want?
Old 02-06-2020, 03:10 PM
Banned

Missing an option should have never been 2 servers as its overpopulating legacy items and never had the pop to support 2 servers.
Old 02-06-2020, 03:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeaolena [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Tell us about your personal feelings weirdo

( Spoiler : Its not about you LOL )
Old 02-06-2020, 03:11 PM
Banned

I think its a wash for me... More people can be fun but less can also be better in situations. The tunnel is a lot more lively which is nice. Meeting new people and seeing new guilds has been fun. But I already have my main leveled and geared so its a little more chill leveling alts...
Old 02-06-2020, 03:11 PM
Sarnak

The analogy is a progression of feelings. Relaxation, Fun, Laughter.. followed by Trama, Distrust, Feeling of Loss, Heartbrokenness.

Please don't take it personally. I don't feel like sparring or having intentions projected on. How I feel is just how I feel. Loramin asked for personal thoughts. You can feel free to disagree.
Last edited by Aeaolena; 02-06-2020 at 03:15 PM..
Old 02-06-2020, 03:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Please don't take it personally. I don't feel like sparring or having intentions projected on. How I feel is just how I feel. You can feel free to disagree.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I VERY deliberately phrased the question to be about how people feel personally, too try and get honest reactions. I mean, the point of a poll (if you're being genuine) is to determine exactly that, right? How a bunch of people feel?

There's no "right or wrong" to feelings, so if anyone is offended, or goes into "attack mode", because an Internet stranger honestly shared ... maybe question why it does that?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 02-06-2020 at 03:31 PM..
Closed Thread