Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2021, 06:51 PM
Planar Protector

Default Clr/Ench vs Dru/Ench

I have finally convinced my wife to play p99 with me. Trying to decide what kind of duo we want to do. She hasn't played EQ before so I would probably have her start with either the cleric or druid and I would play the Ench since it's a bit more complex to play.

Question is how much better is a cleric/Ench combo over druid/Ench? I'm tempted to do druid just for ports and sow, but does the better buffs and heals outweigh the convienevece of ports and sow? We will be exclusively duoing or grouping together on these chars so in a purely duo context?

What would you do?
[XX Rogue] Hailto (Half-Elf)
Red:
[21 Wizard] Hailto (Dark-Elf)
Old 11-29-2021, 06:55 PM
Planar Protector

Ports and SoW aren't that important. You can't even cast SoW indoors and the enchanter is most likely not going to zone out, anyway. If you do, you can always click a pot or Jboots, anyway. And anybody can port.

Cleric is heads and shoulders above druid for heals. And then there's rezzes...

But there's more to the decision to which one is better, which is indisputably cleric. Which is a better fit long term for the player. Clerics will rely on groups. Clerics will get abused by groups and raids. Druids have a more solo-friendly or casual path to xp.

Which may be more accommodating to someone who has never played before.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 11-29-2021, 07:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ports and SoW aren't that important.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Someone doesn't value their own time very highly.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-29-2021, 08:52 PM
Banned

Hp buffs, symbol is nice. Ch on a buffed pet is also pretty slick.

Snare and ports and eventually potg is pretty decent.

I think in the end clr+ench is the most powerful. Gg beating that.

...I was hitting like 7k chs easily on some charmed pets and that wasn't even like a velious giant or anything cool.

Don't forget stun and FoL on clr. Can easily agro mobs, stun them, blind them making recharming a breeze.
Last edited by starkind; 11-29-2021 at 08:56 PM..
Old 11-29-2021, 08:54 PM
Planar Protector

+1 to clr / ench
Old 11-29-2021, 08:57 PM
Orc

Let her choose what sounds fun to her, even if it's the worst race & class possible that you have to work your ass off to keep alive. And even can't duo.

Then go through good 'ole EQ grouping w/o worrying about min-maxing or making her play a class she'll hate and quit in 5 minutes or 5 days.
Old 11-29-2021, 09:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThonDaMan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let her choose what sounds fun to her, even if it's the worst race & class possible that you have to work your ass off to keep alive. And even can't duo.

Then go through good 'ole EQ grouping w/o worrying about min-maxing or making her play a class she'll hate and quit in 5 minutes or 5 days.
That too
Old 11-30-2021, 11:57 AM
Aviak

Husband: Where do want to go for dinner?
Wife: I don't know.

Once you're seated at the restaurant you chose ...

Husband: Have you decided what you want to order?

Once home and logged into P99 ...

Husband: Which class do you want to play?
Husband: Well ... which race do you want to play?

After you've made the character for her ...

Husband: Where you going?!
Wife: My favorite TV show's on.
Husband: Will you play later?
Old 11-30-2021, 12:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have finally convinced my wife to play p99 with me. Trying to decide what kind of duo we want to do. She hasn't played EQ before so I would probably have her start with either the cleric or druid and I would play the Ench since it's a bit more complex to play.

Question is how much better is a cleric/Ench combo over druid/Ench? I'm tempted to do druid just for ports and sow, but does the better buffs and heals outweigh the convienevece of ports and sow? We will be exclusively duoing or grouping together on these chars so in a purely duo context?

What would you do?
Enchanter/druid will out level cleric/enchanter if your wife is down to charm animals and you exclusively level in those types of zones. But in the long run enc/cleric is way more powerful it just depends on how far you want to go with it and whether you think your wife will want to maintain a charmed animal at all times.
Old 11-30-2021, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwulf58 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Husband: Where do want to go for dinner?

Once you're seated at the restaurant you chose ...

Husband: Have you decided what you want to order?

Once home and logged into P99 ...

Husband: Which class do you want to play?
Husband: Well ... which race do you want to play?

After you've made the character for her ...

Husband: Where you going?!
Wife: My favorite TV show's on.
Husband: Will you play later?
Lol, I think she will actually play regularly as long as I am on. She played briefly years ago and liked it but I kinda neglected leveling with her cause I was too busy poopsocking dragons on my shaman. Those days have passed now.
[XX Rogue] Hailto (Half-Elf)
Red:
[21 Wizard] Hailto (Dark-Elf)
Closed Thread