Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 04-18-2022, 03:29 PM
Aviak

Default Darkest quest in EQ/P99

Is this the darkest one? What are some other dark quests?

https://wiki.project1999.com/Honeybugger_Assassin
Old 04-18-2022, 03:38 PM
Planar Protector

Doesnt some troll kill a whole bar because he's jellous of someone or something?

This is going to be an excellent thread.

The lost sister in the karana's murdered in a cult after she set out to become a hero is pretty great.

My all time favorite quest is the girl in najina and the mystic cloak. A familiy split up after their daughter ran away to join a dark elf cult, you find out she's imprisoned in a dungeon and her father pays you to free her, then he asks for you to deliver the news to her mother, who their home in left Felwith to try to forget her past by studying in Eurdin.

It's pretty sad, but not the darkest. But I liked the drama.
Old 04-18-2022, 03:44 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Doesnt some troll kill a whole bar because he's jellous of someone or something?

This is going to be an excellent thread.

The lost sister in the karana's murdered in a cult after she set out to become a hero is pretty great.

My all time favorite quest is the girl in najina and the mystic cloak. A familiy split up after their daughter ran away to join a dark elf cult, you find out she's imprisoned in a dungeon and her father pays you to free her, then he asks for you to deliver the news to her mother, who their home in left Felwith to try to forget her past by studying in Eurdin.

It's pretty sad, but not the darkest. But I liked the drama.

Ooh, all of those sounds really cool though. I've gotta look some of these up.
Old 04-18-2022, 03:51 PM
Planar Protector

I want to tell you the names but I feel like talking about them like they are rumors I heard in taverns will be more immersive for you when you find them.

Lets just say one of these sisters likes to SPIN a good yarn, if you know what Im sayn'
Old 04-18-2022, 04:13 PM
Planar Protector

There is a ton of opportunity for quests in everquest.

Dreaming of P99 vanilla + pvp server with quest lore added to fill in the game. Lots of zones to do lots of things.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-18-2022, 05:11 PM
Kobold

Killing the halfling and wearing his face for the Inny necklace is pretty good.
Old 04-18-2022, 05:20 PM
Sarnak

Texas style abortion in EverQuest!
Old 04-18-2022, 11:59 PM
Fire Giant

No way! This solved a mystery from high school for me. A friend wanted to try the game but said he his mom wouldn't pay for it because she'd read there were quests to kill pregnant ladies. I was bewildered.
Old 04-19-2022, 12:33 AM
Planar Protector

Azrax's Legacy, the quest for the Mantle of Souls, is pretty dark. https://wiki.project1999.com/Azraxs%27_Legacy
Tormented Soul says, 'Ahhh, sweet release. Wait.. what is this? No! Do not bind me to this filthy bit of leather! Release! Curse you and curse Azrax to damnation!!!'
You receive Mantle of Souls. *quest trumpets play*
Old 04-20-2022, 05:34 PM
Fire Giant

Bard Epic Quest:

TLDR: Maligar kills his own stepdaughter.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Bard_Epic_Quest

Serra say 'Oh! You have the dolly! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I can go home now. Please give this to my father, Baenar. He will understand when he gets it.'

Serra begins to fade away.

Serra: Bye, bye!

You receive a Note for Baenar

Deliver the note to Baenar Swiftsong.

Baenar Swiftsong says 'A note for the child? How can that be! How could she know I was her father? Unless? Cyrah told her. Forgive me. Cyrah was the name of the woman to whom I was betrothed. Unfortunately her parents forbade her from marrying a lowly bard such as myself. Her father married her off to a young merchant in Qeynos named Maligar. She married him only out of respect to her father. Her heart was truly mine, at least, so she always said. When Serra was born, I visited them both often. She was like no other, so innocent and sweet. In those few years I watched her grow up to be more and more like her mother and I saw none of the father in her appearance. I do not like Maligar, but the least we can do is inform him of his child’s death. I saw his caravan pass by not more than a day ago headed to Qeynos.'

You receive a Note to Maligar.

Give him Note to Maligar

Maligar says 'Hmmm. What’s this? A note from that silly bard Baenar? I wasn’t aware that those of his kind could write, much less read.'

Maligar lets out a deep laugh.

Maligar says 'I see you do not share my sense of humor. Let’s read it shall we? Oh, no! She’s dead? I knew that already, you fool. It was by my hand she died! Ooops! Did I let that slip out? Silly me. I guess I will have to kill you now!'