Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 04-24-2022, 10:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pre-kunark WAR is just weak overall.
If combat bandaging was still in... warriors are actually really good soloers. They get a ton of EXP per kill, and can kill non-stop at 50% health (at least till mid 30's, as far as I went before going back to something else).

Pre kunark they get a really nice berserk ax from rathe mountains that makes this bandage soloing really effective.

But once they took out combat bandaging, they lost their super regen and it become lot harder.
Old 04-24-2022, 11:03 AM
Banned

Combat bandaging was not 'taken out.' It was a bug that needed to be fixed. It's designed to be an out-of-combat skill.

I'd say the most underpowered class is paladins. They're either a druid-level healer with underpowered HP buffs if they're willing to sit all the time and never melee, or they're the lowest dps melee class that can toss a fraction of the healing needed to keep a group running.
Last edited by bomaroast; 04-24-2022 at 11:06 AM..
Old 04-24-2022, 12:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For raiding Shadowknights bring nothing to the table on P99. Lifetaps are completely nerfed, they aren't generally allowed to pull, guilds do not employ the harm touch zerging strategy, and they do not have any useful class specific spells/clickies/disciplines.
In Classic era SKs aare fantastic raid tanks and taggers.
Old 04-24-2022, 01:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coridan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In Classic era SKs aare fantastic raid tanks and taggers.
Good point. Before disciplines get added there isn't a huge gap between Warriors and hybrids.
Old 04-24-2022, 02:56 PM
Fire Giant

Before discs, warriors are completely unnecessary.
Old 04-24-2022, 05:56 PM
Banned

I've always felt like druids suck ass outside of porting and PL. Heals are the weakest of the healers. Sustained damage in groups is ass. Raids ur just a crappy spot healer with 1 buff 1 debuff? I'd never take a druid in my group unless I was super desperate and it was the only heals available. Only want 1 in raid for skin basically. Extras can spot heal but in every situation another shm/clr would fill the role better. Lot of ranger hate in this thread but rangers are serviceable tanks in classic for a lot of content and in a chain pulling xp group almost definitely output more dps than a druid due to not having significant mana constraints. I'd take a ranger tank over a warrior in many cases. Threat is very often more important than the survivability difference in group content.

If u wanna be a port/PL bitch then you do you. Other than that the class is a trashcan. I always feel bad when noobs ask what class to make and everyone spams druid and that poor fella doesn't know any better til it's too late.
Last edited by PlsNoBan; 04-24-2022 at 06:06 PM..
Old 04-24-2022, 07:11 PM
Planar Protector

SK isn't awful on raids if you're a small crew.
Old 04-24-2022, 07:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Combat bandaging was not 'taken out.' It was a bug that needed to be fixed. It's designed to be an out-of-combat skill.
not to turn this thread in to the custom content thread, but combat bandaging should be custom content skill
Old 04-24-2022, 09:29 PM
Planar Protector

It's a poor question because there are too many categories of playing the game where the answer will be different. solo, small group, large/full group, small raid, big raid.
Old 04-24-2022, 10:57 PM
Kobold

Well, well...seems like 3 of the 4 classes i play are mentioned on this thread [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'll start with the one closest to my heart...I'll agree with the posters above that a mage's toolkit is limited (and by that i assume you mean no CC). But I think people are kidding themselves when they say a mage is underpowered. I have solo'd past 55 without having to chain summon pets. Fights hardly take any effort. I melt blue cons when facing them 1v1 faster than almost any class besides a wizard dumping all of his mana, and for me it takes - if sticking with one pet - just a 1/4 of my mana bar at most, while with chain summoning i have 90% of my mana remaining. Not sure how that's underpowered.

I get the lack of CC sucks but honestly, there are plenty of places to kill that require no CC. Even past 55. And also, anyone who's actually played a mage for a long time and knows about the class will be able to handle 2 mobs, sometimes 3 if they are weaker, using the earth pet and its root. The pet should almost never have to face more than 1 mob at a time if you do the root dance right.

As for druid, I do feel the class is offensively weak, but that's the tradeoff - it's such a versatile class essentially containing three different gameplay styles (root rotting like a shammy/necro, charm fighting like an enchanter, or quadding like a wizard) but obviously can't be the best at any of them. Good for people who get bored playing in a certain style for too long.

I'm not going to defend paladin, because quite frankly it has been EQ's best kept secret (if you like solo dungeon crawling).