Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 12-06-2022, 11:35 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradesonred [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DAOC server launching dec 10th

https://eden-daoc.net/home
My buddies and I are playing there, what realm you going ? If you're playing midgard and want a group to roll with lmk.
Old 12-06-2022, 12:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Sanchez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My buddies and I are playing there, what realm you going ? If you're playing midgard and want a group to roll with lmk.
I wanna play, but man, DAOC pisses me off sometimes with its 'class counter' type of setup.

No matter what class you play, there is an enemy class that will absolutely wreck you no matter what you do.

I get it, I understand, and DAOC isn't the only game like that - but my caveman brain can't handle it. I can't accept it.

AoE dotting 100 people attacking a castle door is some of the most fun you'll ever have though.

And the amount of RP you get from it...niceee
Old 12-06-2022, 12:10 PM
Sarnak

yeah, but for the most part man, you're just explaining MMO pvp. Like anything in life you have to take the bad with the good. However, in you respec your class to play a different style so its not as frustrating as EQ pvp lets say imo. DAoC has some of the best pvp you can find in any MMO with the 3 faction system and funneling into certain convergence points etc there is something ALWAYS happening at all level ranges. It's free and my buddies and I can get some entertainment out of it for a while, I'll take it.
Old 12-06-2022, 12:54 PM
Banned

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. 😂

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid 😎
Old 12-06-2022, 01:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Sanchez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah, but for the most part man, you're just explaining MMO pvp. Like anything in life you have to take the bad with the good. However, in you respec your class to play a different style so its not as frustrating as EQ pvp lets say imo. DAoC has some of the best pvp you can find in any MMO with the 3 faction system and funneling into certain convergence points etc there is something ALWAYS happening at all level ranges. It's free and my buddies and I can get some entertainment out of it for a while, I'll take it.
That being said, my Reaver was pretty awesome.

If I shield stunned someone, they were almost always dead. That back proc ability was nasty.
Old 12-06-2022, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

The problem with EQ pvp is that people have access to non pvp servers.
Old 12-06-2022, 06:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by klant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol. Ezpk was great until he split to join the zerg. I think all those late night Howling Stones camps with Lite and Brennard broke him lol. Would run with you again if it restarted tho! Will just have to f with you more incase you abandon me again.
Meh, he was kind of a low attention span dumbass. Cannon fodder. I guess in a certain lens that is great. Along the same lines as Frenziedkilla. Does make you wonder how EverQuest can attract such a wide array of people. Unemployed wigger drug dealers from Florida like Ezpk for instance. Who knew

One of my only memorable interactions with that bloodthirsty idiot was him desperately trying to attack my level 55 chanter over and over after I mentioned to him that we're both in the same guild.

Was using an exploit in Cabilis to farm plat. I think it was only available for a few weeks so I was in a hurry to maximize profit hehe.
Fuck that nig I'm trying to scrooge mcduck over here.
Last edited by Lord Casey; 12-06-2022 at 06:27 PM..
Old 12-06-2022, 06:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem with EQ pvp is that people have access to non pvp servers.

Elendil's Giveaway
Old 12-06-2022, 07:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Casey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Meh, he was kind of a low attention span dumbass. Cannon fodder. I guess in a certain lens that is great. Along the same lines as Frenziedkilla. Does make you wonder how EverQuest can attract such a wide array of people. Unemployed wigger drug dealers from Florida like Ezpk for instance. Who knew

One of my only memorable interactions with that bloodthirsty idiot was him desperately trying to attack my level 55 chanter over and over after I mentioned to him that we're both in the same guild.

Was using an exploit in Cabilis to farm plat. I think it was only available for a few weeks so I was in a hurry to maximize profit hehe.
Fuck that nig I'm trying to scrooge mcduck over here.
lol, ya maybe those howling stones trips just happened to line up with his drug issues. definitely went off the deep end once we got him that big axe. I remember EZ trying to be slick in the Hole and falling to his death a few times. Was never the same.
I remember the first time I met Casey in Everfrost on Chubs back in the day, having Iceberg polar bear-charming battles until we became pals (or truced it out).
Old 12-06-2022, 07:57 PM
Sarnak

One of my fondest memories though... and I can't even fully remember it, but I know one of the old <Blood Money> guys has it recorded somewhere... Was that super noob shitty enchanter... can't remember his name.. Mountaindew or some shit (high elf), ended up being Nihilums main enchanter and they always gave him the best shit for some reason. Anyways, in the first few weeks of the server launching, we let Mountaindew run with us so we could abuse him for clarity. We made up a quest in Kaladim for him that he believed to be legit that involved him running around completing various tasks (eating muffins and milk in front of a certain NPC, etc, buy some stuff from merchants, hail some people) and ending it with him needing to put on a dark elf illusion deep in kaladim which got him xp killed. he couldn't find his corpse for a while. think one of those mean <Blood Money> boys even had him consent and he drug his corpse off somewhere. Not sure why Mountaindew abandoned us. He still playing on this server? was a nice dude but too needy since it was his first EQ experience.

Good memories. Need that new Red 2.0 server! i'll stop with the spam! peace bro's good to see ya! I know this wasn't the thread for it, but F it