Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 12:42 AM
Sarnak

Default pre-24 Shaman

root rot or melee? not twinked, was lastly trying to melee down blue cons in LOIO and am getting wrecked. In banded, wedding rings, pwc.

should I just pretend to be a wizard till I get the new dot at 19? (currently 18).
Last edited by Priceline; 07-15-2014 at 12:45 AM..
Old 07-15-2014, 09:55 AM
Planar Protector

If you have a PWC I'd say melee, although if melee isn't working out well then don't do it. Make sure you are targeting low dark blue cons rather than high dark blue cons. You can't tell just be conning a monster what its exact level is, but try to have an idea (whether it's from the wiki or from other monsters with the same name that are different cons) if the blue monster you're fighting is closer to green con or to even con. High dark blues will be much, much tougher to fight than low dark blues.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 07-15-2014, 08:14 PM
Decaying Skeleton

You can actually tell by the flavor text on the con at that level. A higher db will have "looks kind of dangerous" and a lower one will have "looks sort of risky, but might be worth a try" or something similar.
Old 07-15-2014, 08:50 PM
Planar Protector

The answer depends at least somewhat on your gear and what you're fighting, but you can easily figure out what the most efficient approach is. At your level (without Cannabalize) you can either:

A) root/rot
or
B) melee/rot

So experiment. Rest up to full health and mana, then try A. Then, keep track of how long it takes you to meditate back to 100% health/mana. Then do it again (with the same type of mob) but this time try B). Again record how long it takes to get back to 100% after. If you really want, do the test a few times with both A) and B) and average the recovery times.

At the end of the day after doing these experiments it should be obvious that, for your gear and for whatever it is you're fighting, one approach or the other leads to less downtime, and that's the approach you want.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Make sure you are targeting low dark blue cons rather than high dark blue cons. You can't tell just be conning a monster what its exact level is, but try to have an idea (whether it's from the wiki or from other monsters with the same name that are different cons) if the blue monster you're fighting is closer to green con or to even con. High dark blues will be much, much tougher to fight than low dark blues.
This... and this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koushirou [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can actually tell by the flavor text on the con at that level. A higher db will have "looks kind of dangerous" and a lower one will have "looks sort of risky, but might be worth a try" or something similar.
Can't believe I forgot about this, last I really gave the shaman a try was before the patch that removed the color from targeting. All I looked for was blue, never even hit con to check if it was "dangerous" vs. "risky".

Thanks
Old 07-19-2014, 07:44 PM
Planar Protector

™Slow. One dot then ice nukes/melee.
Old 07-22-2014, 05:40 PM
Sarnak

Just hit lv20 this morning and haven't gouged out my eyes yet! Will the windmill area take me to 24 alright? Was reading a guide and thinking of maybe making a trip out to OOT for camping garg's.
Old 07-22-2014, 06:41 PM
Aviak

Windmill is an awesome spot for steady pulls. Every now and then you may be disrupted by a plvler pulling the zone. But more often than not, it's a solid place to level. Life after 24 as a shaman just improves exponentially with each level. Best of luck Price.
Old 07-22-2014, 06:43 PM
Kobold

I wouldnt bother going to gargs at 20. IMO they resist too much at that level. Not saying they cant be soloed at 20 but I dont think it's worth the trip on a boat out there.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invoke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wouldnt bother going to gargs at 20. IMO they resist too much at that level. Not saying they cant be soloed at 20 but I dont think it's worth the trip on a boat out there.
This. Also, they share a spawn with skeles and are atrocious experience.

Seriously fucking bad xp

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Closed Thread