Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 11-14-2010, 05:15 PM
Decaying Skeleton

So im running Vista (yeah, i know) on my laptop...I dont have eqclient.ini file either. I have searched in the previously posted locations and did a full scan of my computer searching for the file name and it's nowhere to be found. Any ideas? I am able to set my resolution and ui and it saves it for when i log in again so it has to be writing this file somewhere right?
Old 11-14-2010, 06:54 PM
Sarnak

Be sure that you're searching in hidden folders. You may be missing something if you're not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gratis View Post
Or you people could quit being children and stop treating minor issues as major infractions. There are tons of petitions coming in for reasons that can actually be resolved quickly and don't culminate in a message board brawl by a bunch of adults acting like brats.
Old 11-16-2010, 02:56 AM
Sarnak

i seemed to remember eq wanting to install to the C root way back in the day and as such I have always set the installer to go there ever since

Swishahouse Swishablast
Luminary of 57 Spirits
Junglist
Bard of 16 Anthems
Pokeball Flinger
Old 04-23-2015, 07:49 PM
Decaying Skeleton

[Defaults]
Sound=TRUE
TextureQuality=1
VertexShaders=TRUE
20PixelShaders=TRUE
14PixelShaders=TRUE
1xPixelShaders=TRUE
MultiPassLighting=FALSE
UseLitBatches=TRUE

that is what's in the file specified. any insight into what's going on and how i can fix this to play?
Old 04-24-2015, 10:17 AM
Kobold

I found my INI file, but modifications to it seem to not take effect. For example I tried setting WindowedMode=FALSE to fix the issue where clicking on portions of my screen would sometime kick me out of fullscreen mode, but the problem persists. I also enabled Luclin models (updated the GlobalLoad file too) yet still seeing the base models.

Wat do?
Old 04-24-2015, 11:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aasimon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To extend my original post:

If you would like screenshots, INIs and other client-generated files to be retained in the EverQuest directory, you must alter the properties of every executable in the EverQuest directory to run as an administrator. Alternatively, you can disable User Accounts Control (UAC), which disables this protection system-wide.

I don't generally advise that users disable UAC, as it provides a rather decent level of security, but advanced PC users may find their Windows 7 experience altogether less annoying with UAC shut off.
UAC because nothing says added security like "are you sure you want to do this? [Yes]" "Are you absolutely sure? [Yes]"

to resolve all of your problems. simply cut and paste your entire EverQuest folder into a better spot (Outside Program Files)

Such as: C:\EverQuest\
Old 03-12-2018, 12:43 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Progr am Files (x86)\Sony\EverQuest Titanium
in Windows 7 for me.
Old 10-13-2022, 02:55 AM
Skeleton

THANK YOU!!