Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 11:45 PM
Banned

I read an article by Glenn Greenwald on Salon.com today that made me think of this thread. Here's the relevant part:

Quote:
[M]any people purport to believe in free speech but don't. The whole point of the First Amendment is that one is free to express the most marginalized, repellent, provocative and offensive ideas. Those are the views that are always targeted for suppression. Mainstream orthodoxies, harmless ideas, and inoffensive platitudes require no protection as they are not, by definition, vulnerable to censorship. But as has been repeatedly seen in history, ideas that are despised and marginalized are often proven right, while ideas that enjoy the status of orthodoxy prove to be deeply erroneous or even evil. That's why no rational person trusts the state -- or even themselves -- to create lists of Prohibited Ideas. And those who endorse the notion that ideas they hate should be forcibly suppressed inevitably -- and deservedly -- will have their own ideas eventually targeted by the same repressive instruments.

If you're someone who wants to vest the state with the power to punish the expression of certain views on the grounds that the view is so wrong and/or hurtful that its expression should not be permitted -- as European countries and Canada routinely do -- then you're someone who does not believe in free speech, by definition; what you believe is that one is free to express only those viewpoints which the majority of citizens (and the State) allow to be expressed. Many of the most important views throughout history have been, at some point, hurtful, dangerous and even violence-engendering. The whole reason for free speech protections is to safeguard such ideas -- despised by the majority -- from suppression.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:48 PM
Aviak

hey wermacht I know you love me but can you stop sending me PMs thanks
Last edited by Rilkean; 04-05-2011 at 05:52 PM..
Old 04-05-2011, 06:01 PM
Fire Giant

Hey Rilkean how much does your Pussy............cat weigh ?
Old 04-05-2011, 09:16 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to wehrmacht

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rilkean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hey wermacht I know you love me but can you stop sending me PMs thanks
rofl, I sent you a pm saying to stop posting lesbian propaganda movies. Here I'll post the whole thing on here:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
This video you posted in the rape thread was awful: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEj-M...eature=related

This woman is all complaining about how terrible society is because it's patriarchal then offers no explanation for how or why a matriarchal society would be better.

It's always slightly overweight redhead women pulling this stuff. They see how society treats good looking women as 1st class citizens, men 2nd, ugly women 3rd, then they whine trying to get the same undeserved benefits of the vapid, good looking women.

I think you need to be taken to some kind of re-education facility like in the movie Clockwork Orange.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now this is brilliance! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
just upping my post count by spreading thoughtless drivel

Basically, most of the posts in this thread [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-05-2011, 10:48 PM
Aviak

wermacht nobody cares shut the fuck up
Old 04-05-2011, 11:16 PM
Aviak

Hey wehrmacht your opinion on anything is invalid because you're a severely prejudiced disgusting person
Old 04-05-2011, 11:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rilkean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey wehrmacht your opinion on anything is invalid because you're a severely prejudiced disgusting person
Ad hominem abusive.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:25 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alawen Everywhere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ad hominem abusive.
It's a basic one, but too bad it's true in this case. Fuck your stupid debate vocabulary by the way, I can hear your snotty asthma voice coming through the computer
Old 04-05-2011, 11:27 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to wehrmacht

Quote:
It's a basic one, but too bad it's true in this case. Fuck your stupid debate vocabulary by the way, I can hear your snotty asthma voice coming through the computer
Your mental condition inspired me to create a new thread on why people like you exist in the first place: http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...085#post257085
Closed Thread