Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2017, 12:00 PM
Sarnak

Default Bard's song book...

Just curious how fellow bards arrange their songs in their "spell" book. While with my casters I group them by type (combat, ports, etc.), for bards, it seems their songs are a miss-mash.

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-22-2017, 01:41 PM
Aviak

Just by level for me
Old 12-22-2017, 01:45 PM
Planar Protector

I also do songs by level.
Old 12-22-2017, 05:12 PM
Kobold

Another one by level
Old 12-24-2017, 11:32 AM
Planar Protector

Arranging by level would be problematic for me. Basically, I arrange them how I would mem them.

Useless old redundant spells go to the back of the book. The song lineups I use go on the first few pages (I put them top to bottom how I would use drop them into my gems) --- if there is a swap slot I put the secondary spell to the right of the primary spell on the page.

I then hotbutton the first few pages so that I can click into them easily and swap on the fly. For the bard, I keep a page of what I call Utility spells (these are spells that are usefull, but rarely get memmed --- I hotkey to this page).

Being able to find and swap out spells quickly is a real asset when playing in many tight spots, so however you do it doesn't matter as long as you setup so that you can. Same method for really any class that needs to swap spells while playing, especially solo play.

I also find this method helpful because if I take a long break from playing I know which spells I would typically be memm'ing by their place in my spell book (this is especially bad for bards because so many of our songs require a knowledge of how they work, like hastes, etc. --- its easy to forget if you take a break).
Last edited by fastboy21; 12-24-2017 at 11:36 AM..
Old 12-24-2017, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

Eh, level because a decent bard should know songbook like the back of their hand. So many situations would necessitate a random song I dont use often. Like highsun-ing stuff so people can camp out.

Being able to find and swap out quickly is more a measure of just knowing the songbook since even at 60, its only up to page 9 + 2 on 10.
Old 12-27-2017, 08:35 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I arrange by type. Travel. Dots. Buffs. Regens
Closed Thread