Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-02-2021, 08:54 PM
Aviak

Bristlebane was actually one of the most competitive servers from live. We had 4 raid guilds in ToV during Velious....

Club Fu

Arch Overseers

Ring of Valor

Circle of Legends

Fu was the top dog, while RoV was 2nd, and CoL 3rd. Arch Overseers (an aussy guild) was just an East/Doz farming guild, but kept getting stronger. Because servers came up on patch day around 11am EST, AO started to kill everything by 3pm EST and quickly became #1. We were already farming the hell out of ST in FU and woke sleeper when they started showing up (Pouty did not want Vabtoo to get a robe).

I played as Acarer during this time. And was one of the top geared casters across all servers for several expansions. Many players on p99 were actually in these guilds, and remember me well. I led the charge in Velious, Luclin, and Planes of Power in FU.

So I definitely have played classic a few times and know what classic EQ is. What we have right now isn't close to anything classic. I remember laughing at AO on their first attempts to pull Eashan/Ikatar to zone in.... until they were killing them at zone in every morning at zone in after patch...

Even though patch days catered to early morning EST entities, at least AO didn't need 300 active raiders and 100+ online every day to make a move on us. P99 guilds are dead because of zerg meta and will be until we change things.