Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 08-31-2023, 05:45 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wouldn't have haste, and can barely afford HP rings. so might as well spend 100p for banded armor, and spend 900p on decent weps. Guard captains Mallet and Jade mace or something.
Person has 10k to use. They use the 1k twink guide to start. That leaves 9 k for CIB and SCHW. There is regen and haste. Warrior will level fine.
Old 08-31-2023, 08:52 PM
Planar Protector

A warrior can solo to 60, it was easier back with battle-bind wound and instant root nets. It's not the same as a knight though. Simply put, pally hps/second recovery even casting lowbie heals is better. At 45 its game over unless you have a cobalt bp (a DW helm is 400p), especially if you have to split spawns. SK would out level one easily as well.

Play a warrior if you want. It's a great class. Soloing a gnome with 100k in gear is pretty fun. It's still not easy once you run out of old world low hp blues.
Old 09-01-2023, 12:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A warrior can solo to 60, it was easier back with battle-bind wound and instant root nets. It's not the same as a knight though. Simply put, pally hps/second recovery even casting lowbie heals is better. At 45 its game over unless you have a cobalt bp (a DW helm is 400p), especially if you have to split spawns. SK would out level one easily as well.

Play a warrior if you want. It's a great class. Soloing a gnome with 100k in gear is pretty fun. It's still not easy once you run out of old world low hp blues.
54 is 400 sonic bats. 55 and 56 slow down in solb as the bats begin to barely yield xp. It gets a lot better at 57 with 70% max bandage and lava duct crawlers become reliably killable. By the end there is even a decent chance to take out nox.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 09-01-2023, 01:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
54 is 400 sonic bats. 55 and 56 slow down in solb as the bats begin to barely yield xp. It gets a lot better at 57 with 70% max bandage and lava duct crawlers become reliably killable. By the end there is even a decent chance to take out nox.
Have you ever killed a noble?
Old 09-01-2023, 02:22 AM
Fire Giant

I feel like if you want to play a warrior you should play a warrior. I agree that 10k is plenty for you to fulfill your role in a group and solo some, although personally I did not enjoy soloing on my modestly twinked (no fungi) warrior and almost exclusively grouped.

Freshly 60 and with modest gear, I'd be prepared to MT very little, RT some, and dps or hop on a Bot often until you get better gear.

I don't think there's anything wrong with that (it's the normal path!) but I've run into several warriors who hit 60 and expect to MT right away; the realization that they may not was very disappointing.

I feel like warrior is a class you need to go into because you want to and are going in with your eyes wide open.

I greatly enjoy mine, and have no regrets!
Old 09-01-2023, 04:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have you ever killed a noble?
Not ungrouped - never tried it. Maybe I did on my green iksar Ximxam while duoing with an afk bard, but I don’t think that counts.

Maybe i’ll take Gorgen there when she next gets attention / up in level / gets bored of eating frogs (she periodically clears mutant/warden in guk).

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 09-01-2023, 12:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not ungrouped - never tried it. Maybe I did on my green iksar Ximxam while duoing with an afk bard, but I don’t think that counts.

Maybe i’ll take Gorgen there when she next gets attention / up in level / gets bored of eating frogs (she periodically clears mutant/warden in guk).
Well the scenery is nicer lol. Prob about bat difficulty.
Old 09-11-2023, 06:17 PM
Fire Giant

I have a rogue, warrior and Paladin all at 60, and I’m the exact mirror copy of you in terms of time. I attend a raid or two a week, the occasional quake etc.

Rogue is my favorite for raiding. It’s such an easy, relaxing class with zero responsibility but people still love you. If I wanted to make raiding my primary objective, or if what I cared about was solely raiding, I’d mostly play a Rogue.

Paladin is my favorite for group, or even solo content. While they’re not as good as a lot of the top tier solo classes, they’re extremely fun to dungeon crawl with solo. I absolutely love the class and I consider myself a Paladin main at heart.

My warrior is the one I play the least. It’s always the one I’ve probably wanted to have geared out more than any other, but in actuality, probably my least favorite. They can be kindof frustrating to tank with in groups while leveling, and unless you’re tanking stuff in a raid, you’re acting very similar to a rogue. I do love the class, but if I were to have to pick just one to play, it would be my last pick of the 3.

In order, based on a similar play schedule/style to your own, I’d do Paladin first, Rogue second, and Warrior last of the 3. That’s assuming I could only play one. Luckily p1999 isn’t going anywhere and I’ve had enough time to work on all 3!

That being said, I also hate playing a Shaman. The constant canni/click/torpor dance is extremely unfun to me, I don’t care how powerful they are. I find twisting nonstop on my Bard less obnoxious.
Last edited by Trelaboon; 09-11-2023 at 06:27 PM..
Old 09-13-2023, 03:44 PM
Sarnak

As a warrior as my only 60, and not well geared, who casually raids as stated in OP. I'm content. It's very possible to casually enjoy raiding over time if warrior is your only character and you don't have plat. Eventually the dkp adds up to big upgrades for you. A best on slot legs, or feet or helm. The biggest thing I'd suggest keeping in mind as a casual warrior onky raider, is epic and super best in slot items you get from hall of testing quests that require Doze highly valued tears (ruby tear, platinum tear) should be forgotten. And to go for 2nd-3rd best items that are simple drops from dragons etc. But even without epic (get epic if you want, you can get awesome awesome dps 2hers and 1hers simply raiding over time. Dont let me stop you if you want lightsabers. It'll probably cost you 2-5months of dkp saved up though for the green dragon scales alone, thats the bottleneck) . There are times I'm asked to log a cleric bot due to me being the lower geared warrior, for fights like avatar of war.. where the extra cleric is honestly the better play no matter my gear on qarrior.. if I already was the 5th in line to tank, etc. Avatar of war is the king of clerics needed fights. So play warrior if you want! Trys 60 ogre warrior Green is main, some other green warrior only pkayers i know, who eventually got all bis items whos broke after too are Supository 60 ogre warrior green (think he's bis now-basically) he onky plays warrior and doesn't farm either. Keep the 10k, imo, for consumable recharging things like wc cap, funding thug gate pots, and the 1 charge 1k plat, instant gate pot to bind. There are more steps , considerations to successfully budget raid as warrior but that's a start. Save the plat for recharging, Hit 60, join imo good guys for most opportunities for raids, and casually pick and choose what you care to raid. The raid scene, racing, rule set and strategies are another fun challenging learning curve once you hit 60 anyways. A whole new challenge after 60. Hope something helps. I plan to play this for years. So not in a rush to bis when I can only casually play as well. Its fun though still [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. Oh, and I was able to solo 50 - 60 with classic era gear. I played in classic era quit when I hit 50, and recently returned to game in velious era. As I was 50 upon returning, first thing i did was camp eyepatch of plunder stormfeather mob. Got all the map pieces besides Lodi piece. And leveled to 55 without a haste item. First thing I'd suggest to another is get kunark or velious cheap good ratio weapi s if you don't have. I came back at 59 with lower guk yaks, and a paw sword. Asap replaced my weapons and got a summon bandage dagger, which was 1.5k at the time and max my bandage skill. And group or solo finding creative npcs with low hp that were blue depending on your level. I moved to a different not each level. I did 50-52 placeholder for named giant in prison camp EW, 52-53? faerie dragons WL, 53-56? Halas 3 guard rotation mid map(with 100% druid or shm buffs up due to always a dru/shm in zone farming ice giants. Ez to request regen/buffs refresh) permafrost, 56/58-60swamp killing lvl 45 grik- there are other similar npcs in world (think 4-5?, but I just chose grik). Soloing to 60 as warrior could take you months, so grouping us advised, but I was patient and eventually hitv60.

TRYS' Consignment WTB/WTS Blue (retired) :: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=88143
Last edited by Randarn; 09-13-2023 at 04:02 PM..
Old 09-13-2023, 07:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randarn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a warrior as my only 60, and not well geared, who casually raids as stated in OP. I'm content. It's very possible to casually enjoy raiding over time if warrior is your only character and you don't have plat. Eventually the dkp adds up to big upgrades for you. A best on slot legs, or feet or helm. The biggest thing I'd suggest keeping in mind as a casual warrior onky raider, is epic and super best in slot items you get from hall of testing quests that require Doze highly valued tears (ruby tear, platinum tear) should be forgotten. And to go for 2nd-3rd best items that are simple drops from dragons etc. But even without epic (get epic if you want, you can get awesome awesome dps 2hers and 1hers simply raiding over time. Dont let me stop you if you want lightsabers. It'll probably cost you 2-5months of dkp saved up though for the green dragon scales alone, thats the bottleneck) . There are times I'm asked to log a cleric bot due to me being the lower geared warrior, for fights like avatar of war.. where the extra cleric is honestly the better play no matter my gear on qarrior.. if I already was the 5th in line to tank, etc. Avatar of war is the king of clerics needed fights. So play warrior if you want! Trys 60 ogre warrior Green is main, some other green warrior only pkayers i know, who eventually got all bis items whos broke after too are Supository 60 ogre warrior green (think he's bis now-basically) he onky plays warrior and doesn't farm either. Keep the 10k, imo, for consumable recharging things like wc cap, funding thug gate pots, and the 1 charge 1k plat, instant gate pot to bind. There are more steps , considerations to successfully budget raid as warrior but that's a start. Save the plat for recharging, Hit 60, join imo good guys for most opportunities for raids, and casually pick and choose what you care to raid. The raid scene, racing, rule set and strategies are another fun challenging learning curve once you hit 60 anyways. A whole new challenge after 60. Hope something helps. I plan to play this for years. So not in a rush to bis when I can only casually play as well. Its fun though still [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. Oh, and I was able to solo 50 - 60 with classic era gear. I played in classic era quit when I hit 50, and recently returned to game in velious era. As I was 50 upon returning, first thing i did was camp eyepatch of plunder stormfeather mob. Got all the map pieces besides Lodi piece. And leveled to 55 without a haste item. First thing I'd suggest to another is get kunark or velious cheap good ratio weapi s if you don't have. I came back at 59 with lower guk yaks, and a paw sword. Asap replaced my weapons and got a summon bandage dagger, which was 1.5k at the time and max my bandage skill. And group or solo finding creative npcs with low hp that were blue depending on your level. I moved to a different not each level. I did 50-52 placeholder for named giant in prison camp EW, 52-53? faerie dragons WL, 53-56? Halas 3 guard rotation mid map(with 100% druid or shm buffs up due to always a dru/shm in zone farming ice giants. Ez to request regen/buffs refresh) permafrost, 56/58-60swamp killing lvl 45 grik- there are other similar npcs in world (think 4-5?, but I just chose grik). Soloing to 60 as warrior could take you months, so grouping us advised, but I was patient and eventually hitv60.
Consider hitting your enter key, hope that helps.