Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 07-31-2023, 07:21 PM
Large Rat

Default Gearing character whose body decayed.

Hi, all,

In effort to relive my prime gaming years as 12 year old kid playing EQ (which I barely remembered outside that I had fun), I cajoled my brother and friend to play p99.

We got to our mid 20s, we wiped in Upper Guk, my brother leaves for a work trip and it slipped all our minds that we hadn't recovered his corpse. That event basically shattered the willpower of our trio, and we took a 6 month break.

I'm going to pitch getting back into the game, but I think the sell would be easier if I had a gameplan for getting his enchanter back up to speed. Namely, where should we focus our efforts to get him gear and hopefully engaged again? We pulled all our resources, so we're sitting at about 300pp.

TLDR: How would you approach gearing a character who lost their corpse ~25 w/o access to huge amounts of plat? He's an enchanter. My friend and I who do have some rudimentary gear are a monk/shaman and would be willing to assist.
Old 07-31-2023, 07:25 PM
Senior Server Guide

Petition in game for a corpse restore and CSR will do it at the next opportunity.
Old 07-31-2023, 07:27 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khardan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Petition in game for a corpse restore and CSR will do it at the next opportunity.
No way... didn't think that option was on the table! That would definitely be the silver bullet to our little trios problem.

Thank you for the guidance!
Old 08-07-2023, 09:30 AM
Large Bat

I can confirm this works <3
Old 08-07-2023, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

The other nice part is while you wait for the CSR restore, the Ench can basically duo naked with you
Old 09-15-2023, 04:07 AM
Sarnak

Aye, the corpse recovery may take a couple months, but as someone said, can always attempt 2nd class for know. And either farm plat while Exping .. 2nd char try to camp in Riverdale early, lots of druids go through there for free buffs. Helps exp fly.

TRYS' Consignment WTB/WTS Blue (retired) :: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=88143