Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2018, 02:27 PM
Sarnak

Default Bouncing mobs...?

While wandering (and dying) in Swamp of No Hope, my monk will occasionally get attacked by mobs that appear to me to be bouncing up and down (not the faster paced leaping frogloks). As these monsters bash me, I attempt to attack them but get the constant message that these monsters are too far away and get closer. Yet no matter how I attempt to move near where I think these mobs should be, they continue to hit me and I never get to touch them. At least my feign death worked to fend one mob off. But a previous incidence, feign death became permanent death.

This issue seems to come and go, but I wonder if there is anything happening between the game server and me?

Thanks!
Old 01-10-2018, 03:02 PM
Planar Protector

Bad pathing and Z axis. Trees that are there but aren’t. Shit like that.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 01-10-2018, 03:02 PM
Kobold

I've also seen this happen with a tiger in OT and with a brownie in LFay before. Don't think it's just you or just that zone.
Old 01-10-2018, 03:08 PM
Banned

I have mostly seen this happening while kiting stuff. I usually just run like hell.
Old 01-10-2018, 03:45 PM
Planar Protector

I remember back on live some lizardmen would sometimes appear in the sky and fall to the ground as they walked around,.. I used to call them flying lizardmen.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 01-10-2018, 06:19 PM
Fire Giant

after you aggro them, just run away a bit and they will come down to the same plane as you, it happens when the mob spawns high above ground. Very common in zones with lots of diffrent hights, like GD, TD etc etc
-Taken-Taken II-

"I may not agree with what you say, but to your death I will defend your right to say it."
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
"To be able to think freely, a man must be certain that no consequence will follow whatever he writes."

CromCruach on Blue - Aurgelmirx on Green
Old 01-12-2018, 11:00 AM
Banned

Rooting aqua goblins in lake rathe always results in them meleeing you the entire battle no matter how far away you cast on them from
Old 01-12-2018, 11:12 AM
Planar Protector

Cool

1, 2...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wGiIBbS0-8w

*sings along while bouncing*
Old 01-12-2018, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

The client, when adding a mob to your view, does it by putting them into the sky at an x,y coordinate and letting them drop until they encounter the 'ground'. True story. If you see a mob dropping in like that, it means the client is (re?) adding them. You are not supposed to see it but you often do.
Old 01-12-2018, 06:47 PM
Kobold

Probably a long lost pathing bug... if any of you played eqemu back way before p99 you'll remember all mobs moved like that for a while [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread