Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2019, 03:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Telling other guilds what they can or cant do is somewhat greedy, yes.
We weren't telling other guilds what they could or couldn't do. There were multiple options on the table being discussed amongst all guilds present.

I'd argue showing up with a 100+ man force to try and snipe a Tunare after an 8* hour clear in an effort to force a single guild's hand is trying to dictate terms far harder than an actual discussion in a joint channel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Having sustained success on a mob does not equate to “owning” mob rights. Sure you have the strongest negotiating position in this case (24 hour capable pog clear) but that doesnt bestow mob ownership upon you.
Absolutely agree with you on this. Tunare is not "ours" to hand out. We agreed to drop from 4/5 kills to 1/3 kills, giving equal slots to all entities who had cleared and killed her.

Azure Guard/Blood Guard/Core/Loramin could have all zoned into PoG many times over the past year and had a go; she sat up for days/weeks at times.
Old 04-09-2019, 03:24 PM
Planar Protector

Tunares loot was broken, no one wanted to waste peoples time to potentially get three BPs as a reward. Only pure neckbeards bother w this sort of thing regularly.

The reason Im mentioning this is to toss water on your “giving up 4/5 Tunare down to 1/3” like its charity. The mob was basically uncontested (your words) so in a vacuum had Tunares loot been fixed during the period of time you were referring too, AMs Tunare share would not have been 4/5 at all bc she would be contested and contested hard (see display of force yestetday).

I understand your angle, its just not a truthful one as its based in a skewed reality where your statistic is coming from when Tunare wasnt a desired mob.
Old 04-09-2019, 03:29 PM
Sarnak

Okay let me reword it.

We agreed to a rotation that would have seen our share of Tunare loot drop from 4/5 to 1/3.

3 entities have cleared + killed, we agreed to an equal rotation for all those entities.

Not seeing the charity or unreasonableness.
Old 04-09-2019, 03:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Azure Guard/Blood Guard/Core/Loramin could have all zoned into PoG many times over the past year and had a go; she sat up for days/weeks at times.

Lol rip loramin
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 04-09-2019, 03:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
TOnly pure neckbeards bother w this sort of thing regularly.
Well, the other argument is "we just want to see the content, casuals never get to see the content".

The content was there, and uncontested, and sitting up for days/weeks for people to experience it at a conveniently-scheduled time.

So what is it, you're in it for the loot or to experience the content?
Old 04-09-2019, 03:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Okay let me reword it.

We agreed to a rotation that would have seen our share of Tunare loot drop from 4/5 to 1/3.

3 entities have cleared + killed, we agreed to an equal rotation for all those entities.

Not seeing the charity or unreasonableness.
So why has this agreement changed? It seemed to be working fine with everyone getting 1/3.
Old 04-09-2019, 03:39 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molitoth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So why has this agreement changed? It seemed to be working fine with everyone getting 1/3.
IIRC, this player agreement was turned down before ever being tried. The one that was tried was the footrace + 24 hours to kill.
Old 04-09-2019, 03:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molitoth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The proposal wasn't agreed to by some of the other guilds so it was never formalised. Had other guilds agreed to it, Aftermath was on board.

There were a few other alternative proposals, but nothing that we could all agree to.
Old 04-09-2019, 03:42 PM
Kobold

Quote:
We weren't telling other guilds what they could or couldn't do. There were multiple options on the table being discussed amongst all guilds present.

I'd argue showing up with a 100+ man force to try and snipe a Tunare after an 8* hour clear in an effort to force a single guild's hand is trying to dictate terms far harder than an actual discussion in a joint channel.

Absolutely agree with you on this. Tunare is not "ours" to hand out. We agreed to drop from 4/5 kills to 1/3 kills, giving equal slots to all entities who had cleared and killed her.

I can't speak for the other guilds involved, but I know AG frequently chose not to go for Tunare because we were specifically afraid that we would spend 8 hours clearing only to have her sniped, which is exactly what was being threatened to happen last night. I agree that this would be terrible no matter who the guild getting sniped happens to be.

Personally, I really don't want to argue over who wronged who or he said she said. I want to figure out a reasonable agreement that allows PoG to not be a nightmare. I think the 12 hour lockout agreement does exactly that, and I think we should do everything we can to NOT lose that agreement.

If we need to tweak it a bit here or there to make it better, by all means. But bringing the window from 12 hours to 4 hours really screws guilds that aren't capable of clearing PoG when she spawns at midnight, and you know this. No one is going to agree to something like that.

Would guild leaders be cool with keeping the 12 hour rule in return for dropping the "no 2x in a row" rule? I feel like that lets Aftermath compete more while at the same time preserving the ability to not have to do midnight clears for other guilds that don't want to raid PoG when most people sleep.
P99ers do a lot of things well. Handling surprise adds / splitting up focus is not one of them. Mostly because the classes that do that the best (SK/Paladins) are generally trashed and considered useless, and because pulls are considered failures if a dragons doesn't appear at the zone line solo.
Old 04-09-2019, 03:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dont compare POG to Fear lol. you can engage ct and handle adds at the same time in most cases be done in under an hour. not the case with a pog, who are you trying to fool here?
I hate to be that person, but you really need to read the post and not snipe out pieces out of context.

I'm not trying to say they are or should be the same. I'm saying that without an agreement in place, you can't expect people not to treat PoG like Fear in that it doesn't matter who gets the kite or aoes the most mobs, anyone can FTE and kill CT/Tunare.

The whole reason there was and should be an agreement is because nobody wants PoG to be like Fear but 1000x worse.
Closed Thread