Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2020, 04:01 PM
Sarnak

Default What's up with P99's staff concerning patch notes/information since Green launched?

It's like watching these guys fumbling the ball on the one yard line with 3 seconds left to win the game. It's been 10+ years just to get here, the moment they ~not us mind you~ have been working for.

I've got to guess which part of the Fear patch from live was implemented? I mean it's free and I donate so I'm still going to enjoy playing, but why does it seem like I - a casual solo player - cares more then P99's developers?
Old 02-12-2020, 04:43 PM
Planar Protector

I found it really weird to not see "The Plane Of Fear Has Launched" anywhere at all. No patch notes even though things definitely were "patched" in, no communication or anything. That's not classic.
Old 02-12-2020, 04:51 PM
Planar Protector

I think it was Classic. Fear on Live was patched in with no notice AFAIK. There wasn't a server event like Hate.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 02-12-2020, 05:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think it was Classic. Fear on Live was patched in with no notice AFAIK. There wasn't a server event like Hate.
Your like a child that wanders in to a movie and asks what's going on, SHUT THE F#$@K UP DONNY (NSFW) https://youtu.be/3foXJfWlgoM

There was server down time patch notes for the love of god.
Old 02-12-2020, 05:11 PM
Fire Giant

Not knowing is actually kinda fun.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 02-12-2020, 05:11 PM
Sarnak

I think I’ve had an impacted ass full of things that are “Classic.” We all played actual Classic, and they made some bonehead decisions back in the day (ex. class exp penalties). I’m not sure why there’s such an automaton kool-aid mantra “must be Classic....must be Classic.” We have shit that’s not Classic and we’re all the better for it (UI for one).

I don’t think a one sentence patch notification would have been unreasonable.

Standing-by for normal response of “it’s a free server! Go cry elsewhere!”
Old 02-12-2020, 05:13 PM
Planar Protector

I don't mind not knowing when PoF is going to launch, but it would be nice if other changes were confirmed or communicated. Whether that's timeline specific changes being made or other things like correcting quest turn in XP rates because they discovered they weren't classic, etc.
Old 02-12-2020, 05:46 PM
Fire Giant

This project is like 1 or 2 guys in their basement, and they dabble in it a few times a month. It's probably pretty boring for them and they probably get like 100-200 bucks a month, I guess. So I advise you to lower your expectations, and then lower them again.
Old 02-12-2020, 05:53 PM
Banned

Heres a hint, they dont care since the server wasnt anywhere near as popular as they hoped and the money generation didnt come close either.

Green is just a legacy item /list simulator with career gamers and the same pop

GLHF
Old 02-12-2020, 05:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsham [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Heres a hint, they dont care since the server wasnt anywhere near as popular as they hoped and the money generation didnt come close either.

Green is just a legacy item /list simulator with career gamers and the same pop

GLHF
There's like 1200-1400 people that play on Green. How much more popular were they expecting on an emulated server? It certainly blows the other emu's out of the water population-wise.

I also can't imagine they did it for any hope of profit.
Closed Thread