Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2020, 12:00 PM
Sarnak

Default Clip plane and light graphics...

Evening.

It has been nearly (if not over) a year since I played. When I stopped, the reasons were I had enough of places like the tunnel being a bright radiation glow of light since light sources seemed to stack upon each other and not blend. And then the other was modifying the clip plane to such a degree that short of graphics right in your face, distant objects looked like old ass early Atari 2600 graphics at best. Also, I could throw in how the stars were removed from the sky since all these so-called changes were how the game was at the time. Yet even then with my subpar 486 and simple NVidea graphic card, I did not remember such a poor showing in game.

Anyway, for those "too long, didn't read" - are the graphics and light sources still trashy here or did the developers revert to a more pleasant looking game?

Enough other game aspects are not classic, but those seem to be allowed.

Thanks!
Old 11-12-2020, 06:27 PM
Planar Protector

Everythign was going pretty good but the implemented some attempt to create darkness for blind races humans and erudites and it kinda made everything bad.
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread