Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: How do you feel about Enchanter's power level? Multiple choice allowed.
Non-classically overpowered and needs nerf 66 33.33%
Non-classically overpowered and does not need nerf 19 9.60%
Classically overpowered and needs nerf (Bard, Nec, etc examples) 23 11.62%
Classically overpowered and does not need nerf 88 44.44%
Trivializes content and needs nerf 42 21.21%
Trivializes content and does not need nerf 16 8.08%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 198. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2021, 11:22 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol.. I didn't move shit, I just wanted to show that in 1 minute I can already capture a stupid channeling moment without even trying. I'll include the video with the larger analysis I mentioned.
Should channeling through a few hits really be an outlier at your level? I remember channeling through that on live without surprise.

Quote:
Why waste the mana? I've been eating melee on Enchanter and regen with Troll illusion during my unbreaking charm fight. Saves on rune costs and is the pro way to play. My HP bar is just an alternate mana bar and believe me even if I'm down at 20% health I'm still charming because we all know there is zero risk as an Enchanter if anything happens. I'll just channel whatever I need through whatever happens including rune. Charm broke? Better rune myself while in combat at 10% health and then charm while in combat.
Lol. If that were my experience I would probably be asking for a nerf too.
Old 03-22-2021, 11:23 AM
Planar Protector

I love how everyone who played on live remembers what Enchanters were actually like ... but the Enchanter players here, who don't want to play a classically difficult class, demand a PhD dissertation of proof ...

... again, just to tell us what everyone who played in classic already knows: Enchanters weren't like this on live!

EDIT: We have this forum called the Starting Zone, and every week or so we get a new person in it saying "OMG I played EverQuest back in the day and now I get to play it again here; this place is amazing!!!"

I challenge anyone who thinks Enchanters are accurate here to ask one of those people (a completely unbiased observer, with no "skin in this game") what they remember about Enchanters ... and whether they were the soloing gods of the game [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 03-22-2021 at 11:29 AM..
Old 03-22-2021, 11:26 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivitron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Should channeling through a few hits really be an outlier at your level? I remember channeling through that on live without surprise.

Lol. If that were my experience I would probably be asking for a nerf too.
Yes, it's actually kind of ridiculous people are even arguing this point. ANYONE can go test this in game and you'll absolutely see channeling is too successful even at level 1. There is already a client decompile proving this.

A level 1 on P99 has about a 50-70% success rate at channeling. On live at level 1 you had like a 10% chance. At 50+ on P99 channeling is similar to live. Again it's all about the power curve being wrong not that the final destination wasn't reachable on live. Same with charm and people comparing a naked level 20 Enc charming pre-kunark dungeons and soloing huge parts of it saying that's totally classic because they remember a level 60 Velious Enc in max gear doing similar.
Old 03-22-2021, 11:26 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love how everyone who played on live remembers what Enchanters were actually like ... but all the Enchanter players here who don't want to play a classically difficult class require a PhD dissertation of proof ...

... again, just to tell us what everyone who played in classic already knows: Enchanters weren't like this on live!
Nice strawman. Nobody is saying that enchanter isn't played drastically different from live. Almost nothing in p99 is played like it was played in live because it's literally impossible once you put in players from 2021. The point of contention I have with OP and his like is that they are attributing it to the wrong reasons.

Azxten continues to make outlandish, garbage claims without providing any actual reputable, empirical evidence.
Old 03-22-2021, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nice strawman. Nobody is saying that enchanter isn't played drastically different from live. Almost nothing in p99 is played like it was played in live because it's literally impossible once you put in players from 2021. The point of contention I have with OP and his like is that they are attributing it to the wrong reasons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin (Essentially)
Everyone who played an Enchanter back from 1999-2001 was an idiot who didn't know what they were doing or how to play the class
Sorry, but that's a garbage argument: there were literally 20x as many Enchanters playing then as there are now, and at least a decent percentage knew how to play their class.

There was an entire Enchanter forum dedicated to Enchanter knowledge, and if it was as easy to solo here as it was on live I guarantee that knowledge would have been known, and shared on that forum.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-22-2021, 11:31 AM
Banned

Chsnneling rates are pretty redic.

Ur just pro channeling to bully azxten cuz of posting style. Not facts.
Old 03-22-2021, 11:32 AM
Sarnak

[QUOTE=loramin;3277114]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"Everyone who played an Enchanter back from 1999-2001 was an idiot who didn't know what they were doing or how to play the class".

Sorry, but that's a garbage argument: there were literally 20x as many Enchanters playing then as there are now, and they 100% knew how to play their class.

There was an entire Enchanter forum dedicated to Enchanter knowledge, and if it was as easy to solo to 60 here as it was on live I guarantee that knowledge would have been known, and shared on that forum.
First of all, you're wrong. If you think everybody was even stacking cha like they are now, you're just being completely ignorant. Second of all, that's not even my argument. But thanks for trying to misrepresent it. I like how you even use the quote function to misrepresent what I said. Absolutely pathetic.
Old 03-22-2021, 11:37 AM
Banned

A lot of players are better at supporting ench too. On live in pugs ench didn't rely on healers or other casters being good enough to help them charm.

Charming should be more dangerous solo.
Old 03-22-2021, 11:37 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, it's actually kind of ridiculous people are even arguing this point. ANYONE can go test this in game and you'll absolutely see channeling is too successful even at level 1. There is already a client decompile proving this.

A level 1 on P99 has about a 50-70% success rate at channeling. On live at level 1 you had like a 10% chance. At 50+ on P99 channeling is similar to live.
I feel like I am stating the obvious here but level 1 has nothing to do with whether channeling beguile through a few hits is classic.
Old 03-22-2021, 11:40 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love how everyone who played on live remembers what Enchanters were actually like ... but the Enchanter players here, who don't want to play a classically difficult class, demand a PhD dissertation of proof ...
I literally only asked that he provide what he literally himself said he would provide, which is videos of him charming through 5 mobs meleeing him. I did add the caveat though that they should be at least blue con mobs, because doing it against green con mobs that are missing you isn't impressive. I would love to see it. But, to my knowledge, Azxten has never been able in all these years to back up his ridiculous claims with real evidence. I'd love to see an exception, but I'm not optimistic he will deliver.
Closed Thread