Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 08-14-2023, 04:25 PM
Large Rat

Default New player looking for help on finding a home on Green.

I created a Half Elven Ranger at SFG for nostalgia's sake as that is what I created as my first toon in OG Everquest back in 2000. Name of toon is "Melias". Looking for some help finding a leveling guild that is currently active. Any general starting tips would be welcome as well. Thanks in advance. Cheers.
Old 08-14-2023, 11:30 PM
Sarnak

Welcome back! You can find green and blue guilds on the blue guild subforum, maybe check out Castle. And this guide is a good refresher: https://wiki.project1999.com/Newbie_Guide

Also fyi a fresh single-box (like p99) progression server going from classic to PoP called Project Quarm is in beta and scheduled to launch in a couple months.
Old 08-15-2023, 12:44 AM
Large Rat

Thanks for the tips and the link. I appreciate the help. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-15-2023, 03:58 AM
Sarnak

Heya Melias! Green is a great server for sure! SFG you probably figured out by now is very quiet. You can level first 10 levels anywhere for sure. You will start to see more people in Antonia for sure closer to Freeport. The 3 major newbie areas that are popular are Freeport east commons (where everyone trades/auction ec tunnel) , greater fay, at kelethin, and iksar starting area in field of bone. For guilds - There are a list of green guilds , in my opinion leveling is something you kinda organically have to try to find groups here and their.. not entirely through your guild due to server being online for a while. Periodically can find guild groups..so that's the drawback. Buuut the benefit of joining now is the guilds that are big, have wonderful tips/tricks and daily enthusiastically talk shop daily, atleast for Good Guys guild. While leveling , join whatever guild you want. But if you decide to stay green.. look up each of yhe guilds and their discord/sites and see what fits your play style. All the guilds are great. I decided to join a huge guild , because I knew I was staying until 60 cap and I wanted to experience raiding/racing for world named mobs, dragons etc. Benefits of large population guilds generally is free of readily available resources, like get a free port from a guildy rather than tipping a druid ever port.. you will do both. But sometimes there's a guildie on when no druids wiz porting at that moment you wanted one etc. As a ranger, lots of threads on forums for tips/suggestions as well. I definitely read a lot of forum sub class threads. Like melee or tanks of caster threads for ideas sometimes. Hope we are able to meet in passing sometimes, sincerely Trys 60 Ogre Warrior <Good Guys>

TRYS' Consignment WTB/WTS Blue (retired) :: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=88143
Old 09-15-2023, 11:24 AM
Large Rat

Default Thanks

Randarn,

Thanks much for the info. I started in Qeynos area mainly for nostalgia reasons since it's where I started my first toon in EQ back in 2001. I suspected that it would be a bit less crowded than the areas you mentioned in your post but I was willing to do the lower levels there and eventually start exploring across Antonica and the rest of Norrath as I leveled. I'll keep your advice in mind for sure as my adventures continue. Thanks again.

Righdon