Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 02-16-2024, 02:10 PM
Fire Giant

Yes, FD has a failure message /facepalm

If you stand while your pet is still fighting mobs will re-aggro you regardless.

Mobs under level 35 will blur (aka forget about you) on a successful FD and you don't need to wait for them path back.

If the mobs are above level 35, there is a small percent chance (20?) that they blur, but not guaranteed.

If one mob is not blurred it may social the rest.

In your case you probably either stood before your pet was dead or there was a 35+ mob in the pack that didn't blur.
Old 02-16-2024, 04:03 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, FD has a failure message /facepalm

If you stand while your pet is still fighting mobs will re-aggro you regardless.

Mobs under level 35 will blur (aka forget about you) on a successful FD and you don't need to wait for them path back.

If the mobs are above level 35, there is a small percent chance (20?) that they blur, but not guaranteed.

If one mob is not blurred it may social the rest.

In your case you probably either stood before your pet was dead or there was a 35+ mob in the pack that didn't blur.
Great info, thanks.
Old 02-16-2024, 08:35 PM
Planar Protector

if you want to be really sure just /q while FD'd in a safe spot

statics reset np its the roamer that'll get ya
Old 02-16-2024, 09:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is no fail message for FD.
lol dude has a level 60 shadowknight…

I should add this to my sig.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 02-16-2024, 09:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol dude has a level 60 shadowknight…

I should add this to my sig.
I am not sure why you think it's a problem. In 4 years of logs the message only came up 69 times. I don't even know what chat filter it's assigned to. Clearly it isn't something you see every day.

/con the mob is more reliable anyway, as you get information that is more up to date.

Unlike yourself, I don't claim to know everything.

Putting it in your signature just makes it even easier to tell other people you are a troll. Why would people want to interact with you when you act like that?
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 02-16-2024 at 09:15 PM..
Old 02-16-2024, 09:13 PM
Planar Protector

And a 52 monk!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 02-17-2024, 07:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh actually what it probably was is the mobs haven't reset to their original spawn points yet. If you FD successfully but then get up while the mobs are still pathing back, they will re-agro often times. You normally need to wait until they path back fully.
That is only an issue for lvl 35+ mobs tho, right? Below that they totally forget you as soon as fd succeeds?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 02-17-2024, 01:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That is only an issue for lvl 35+ mobs tho, right? Below that they totally forget you as soon as fd succeeds?
I am not 100% sure on that. It's admittedly been a while since I've been that low level, and I leveled very fast on my Monk from 1-35.

Unrest does have a few mobs that are level 35 or higher, so it is possible the train that OP was aggroed on had one of those mobs in it. The Ghost Dwarf is one of the level 35 mobs I think.
Old 02-17-2024, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

I did some basic testing. The "fallen to the ground" message does not appear when FD fails because you leave auto attack on while casting FD, for example.

This proves there are cases where FD doesn't work and you also do not receive the "fallen to the ground" message. This is why using /con is more reliable when trying to determine if your FD succeeded or not.

As I said, I've only gotten the message 69 times in 4 years worth of logs on my SK, but I know I've failed more FDs. It's possible this is a quirk with the spell version of FD specifically.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 02-17-2024 at 02:20 PM..
Old 02-17-2024, 02:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
The "fallen to the ground" message does not appear when FD fails because you leave auto attack on while casting FD, for example.
You should be using a macro that turns off attack before casting FD if this is happening to you. This is a newb mistake.

Moreover, the 'fallen to the ground' message is extremely important for doing any sort of challenging content with an FD class. You should have a gina trigger set up to catch it. There's no time to /con before standing when you have level 60 mobs chasing you.

Given FD failure is in the 5-10% range, your personal anecdata really just reflects how little you leverage feign death.