Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 11-24-2020, 05:05 AM
Planar Protector

That's very interesting, did other stuff get include there by any luck? Got a link to a topic or something?
Old 11-24-2020, 05:16 AM
Planar Protector

Torven PM'd me the code so I don't want to post it publicly. I do not know what other sorts of things might have been included in the OSX client. But I do know the channeling logic was one.
Old 11-24-2020, 08:14 AM
Planar Protector

Would have to get the same info from the in-era clients, if possible.

If the client this has been retrieved from is from Luclin+ era... well, stuff there was very different.
Mobs in those eras were hitting like trucks, sometimes quadding / rampaging / flurrying without being raid mobs, they were basically buffed up. Their melee, ATK and AC sometimes were buffed up beyond reason as well, starting with Luclin...

However, the armor/items/spells available to the players also became very different compared to the Velious- eras - insane stats, focus effects, AAs...

Don't think you can just pick the channeling code from a Luclin+ era and stick it to a Velious- era without all those other factors taken into account.

But it's very interesting regardless as it allows us to get some insight on how stuff is/was done server-side.
Old 12-06-2020, 12:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So Torven sent me the logic they use on TAKP which I've given to the P99 devs. They took their code from a client decompile so it's as close as I imagine you could get to accuracy. A Trilogy client decompile would be interesting to see, perhaps the logic is in there too (TAKP's client code has a few extra lines to handle channeling AAs, they modify the roll a bit). But looking at it I doubt it changed much.

Based on what I see, channeling is indeed overpowered on p99.

Low level characters should start out with only a 10% chance to channel through hits, which climbs a hill from a minimum roll of 39 to a maximum roll of 370, out of 391, as you progress your levels and channeling skill. It caps at 95% chance to channel.

Additionally you get a level bonus to channel if the spell you are casting is more than 5 levels lower than you are.

Chance to channel is effectively capped at 10% until level 6. Then it scales slowly upwards as a function of level and channeling skill.

My level 3 iksar shaman was about 50/50 to channel through hits on p99 which always felt off. Her chance should be 10%.

A level 10 caster with max channeling and casting a level 8 spell should have a 16% chance to channel.

A level 20 caster with max channeling and casting a 20th spell should have a 31% chance to channel. But casting level 4 gate, they would have a 44% chance to channel due to level bonus.

A level 55 SK with 210 channeling, casting Feign Death (level 30 spell for them) would have a 73% chance to channel (due also to level bonus).

That should give you an idea of how it scales.
Nice work, thanks for looking into this. Fits with what I expected. Channeling on P99 is probably fine at higher levels like 20-30+ but it's way too successful for level 1-30.
Old 09-26-2021, 05:14 PM
Fire Giant

Bump.
Old 09-27-2021, 11:23 AM
Kobold

just scrap the server and merge it with blue already [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

https://imgur.com/a/I4zKNYa
Old 09-27-2021, 11:32 AM
Kobold

https://imgur.com/a/YP9SLOG
Old 09-27-2021, 11:34 AM
Kobold

been on for 2hrs this morning, think i killed 1 mob.

same exact thing happens every day when i wake up i need to wait until early morning to be able to kill a mob or hit it with any sort of spell or my dagger.
Old 09-27-2021, 02:07 PM
Sarnak

Quest815, you seem confused. This thread is claiming that channeling skill is *too good* and needs to be nerfed to be more classic. Based on your other threads, I honestly think you are just a troll, but if you are not then you probably have some skilling up to do because you are posting random screenshots of multiple fizzles and getting interrupted by a stun. You don't seem to understand the game you are playing very well.
P99: [52 Champion] Alysane (Barbarian) <Auld Lang Syne>
SZ : [65 Lord Protector] Cochise (Erudite) <Sanctus Lumen>
Old 09-27-2021, 02:21 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quest815, you seem confused. This thread is claiming that channeling skill is *too good* and needs to be nerfed to be more classic. Based on your other threads, I honestly think you are just a troll, but if you are not then you probably have some skilling up to do because you are posting random screenshots of multiple fizzles and getting interrupted by a stun. You don't seem to understand the game you are playing very well.
there is a post stating that it is OP at higher levels(because of a bug) and gimped at lower levels. I'll try to scrounge it up. But until then. You dont have to take my word for it.

There are actual trolls here, with thousands of posts who repeat the same thing over and over. Go see if you can find them !!