Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 07:31 AM
Sarnak

Default Monk - Metal pipe questions

I'm a 48 monk looking to start working on my epic and have a few questions on getting the metal pipes from Chardok and KC.

1. At what level can I try and solo these? Figure I have decent gear and a good weapon (Peacebringer)?

2. If I come with a shaman buddy, when can we camp these mobs and still gain exp? I don't mind dragging him along as long as we can gain experience while doing so.

3. In the red server, are these constantly camped/griefed? What are the chances we can camp/exp for this in peace without being hassled? I know it depends on who is on, etc, but for the most part (I don't feel like doing a CR every few hours..).

Ideally once we hit 49 or 50 I'd like to start camping these together while still gaining good exp - are mobs too high for us to duo this? Also, do mobs in these zones see invis?

I really want that epic but to pay 10k per pipe is way way beyond my budget (still saving for a FBSS)..
Last edited by Anxarcule; 02-04-2015 at 07:39 AM..
Old 02-04-2015, 09:25 AM
Fire Giant

1) With good gear and level 60 you might be able to solo pawbuster. But even then I'm not sure. I've only ever killed him with a full group.
2) You would probably need some help with heals (unless he's a torpor shaman) and dps if it's just you and him.
3) I can't comment on the population of Red KC as I play on blue. All I can say is good luck.

Mobs in KC absolutely see invis as about half of them are undead. I'm not sure how much success you'd have trying to solo the named mobs for pipes unless your shaman friend has Torpor.
KC is a good spot for XP 50+. I'd say go there, duo, and see if you get lucky.
Old 02-04-2015, 01:19 PM
Planar Protector

Kc pipe mq goes for like 5k. I would say camp the chardok pipe and buy a mq for the kc pipe(alot more pvp in kc). If you're only lvl 49-50, all of the lvl 60 pvp cant touch you.
Old 02-04-2015, 02:07 PM
Planar Protector

You can probably get a Chardok pipe for free if you go there and wait, or at least someone will give you a discount so they don't have to MQ it.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 02-05-2015, 09:11 AM
Sarnak

Cool - thanks for the feedback!

I didn't know on red pipes went for 5k - that is more reasonable I think, although still pretty damn expensive to me. Chardok mob is listed as being ~53 so I can try and get a group for that a bit later, although not sure how populated it is on Red.

Of course, I still need to get the initial robe by killing Brother Z.. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-05-2015, 05:45 PM
Orc

to add to his question, on blue server, what are the chances you can ever find the chardok pipe camp open? It seems like chardok is constantly camped by AoE groups and I know they pull the area.
Old 02-07-2015, 12:38 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by fezzyfezz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
to add to his question, on blue server, what are the chances you can ever find the chardok pipe camp open? It seems like chardok is constantly camped by AoE groups and I know they pull the area.
get a group together and claim the camp if it's open. ae group cant then pull that area without risking training the camp and facing disciplinary action
Old 02-23-2015, 06:28 PM
Skeleton

pipes are hard to obtain
bring a shaman friend to you aid
soon your fists whistle
Old 02-26-2015, 08:37 AM
Sarnak

I'm 3 yellows in 54 at the moment and considering going to KC with my shaman buddy once we hit 55 to camp the pipe (both will hit 55 around the same time). At this point I'd be happy to buy both pipes but only see the Chardok pipe for sale so will try and camp KC. A few questions:

1. I've never been in the zone - how difficult is it to fight our way to the camp?
2. Can we invis our way there (maybe the pathing has more living creatures than undead)?
3. Once in the room, are there multiple spawns or is it a single spawn? If multiple are they easy to split?
4. Can a non-twinked Monk/Shaman 55 duo expect to be able to do this?
5. If no to the above, are there any other drops in the vicinity of the pawbuster that I can entice other classes to join the camp?
6. For PvP avoidance - is it easy to gain faction with mobs in this zone? Meaning, can a player with faction go searching in the zone to find and kill us, or if we are deep inside they need to fight their way to us.

Thanks
Last edited by Anxarcule; 02-26-2015 at 08:41 AM..
Old 02-26-2015, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

1. Most times during the day everything on the way is dead from groups.
2. No, even most the live mobs see invis.
3. There are 4 "a drolvarg bodyguard" in the room, one is the PH for Pawbuster and the rest are Drolvarg Warlord PHs. You can split them but there isn't a lot of room.
4. Maybe depending on gear - the drolvarg bodyguards are some of the higher level mobs in the zone as are the 2 named.
5. Skeletal Warlord is in jail and Hands room is nearby.
6. No, even with good Venril Sathir faction mobs will still attack you.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Closed Thread