Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 03:33 PM
Banned

my above post with all the quotes/links encompassed dain head turn-in to tormax, yelinak head turn-in to tormax, and tormax head turn-in to yelinak

the only one that seemed iffy on what was required was the yelinak head turn in to tormax, where people were claiming they could do it at dubious, one claimed indifferent(when sneaking), and a few claimed the rumor was amiable

the general consensus seems to be if they give the quest text responses(at amiable), then you can do the turn in
Old 08-18-2015, 03:36 PM
Banned

the only one that's hard to find information on is the tormax head turn-in to dain, there are only like three posts on that page all from 2009 and beyond, the 2009 post saying that kindly works:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...tml?quest=4251
Old 08-18-2015, 03:39 PM
Project Manager

Create a new thread with specifics, so perhaps other people may research as well.
Old 08-18-2015, 04:00 PM
Kobold

I think you need to keep in mind those posts are from post 2002. All of the faction requirements were softened during SoL, making most of those quotes irrelevant.

Now to find facts to back that up lol.
Old 08-18-2015, 04:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think you need to keep in mind those posts are from post 2002. All of the faction requirements were softened during SoL, making most of those quotes irrelevant.

Now to find facts to back that up lol.
This has been said numerous times with absolutely 0 facts backing up the notion that they were softened. Need evidence from either patch notes, quotes about it working much lower, guilds complaining about "in my day..", etc.

Something beyond random 2015 claims that they were softened because people thought back in 2001 the faction was hard.
Old 08-18-2015, 05:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pending update:

King Tormax will accept Dain or Yelinak's Head at amiable or better faction
Am I able to get my dain head returned then please
Old 08-18-2015, 05:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Am I able to get my dain head returned then please
You need to make a petition in the petition forum, not bug reports.

Adding dates and faction levels and a character name will help your cause.
Old 08-18-2015, 06:11 PM
Fire Giant

You should be able to hand in the dain head at indifferent to King Tormax. Tigole did it on live while sneaking and it worked as is chronicled here:

http://www.legacyofsteel.net/Archives/Post/2001-04-05

Quote:
I ninja looted the head. Now, I had asked around some and was told that to do the quest you only needed indifferent faction. I tried to put together a group to help me clear out some giants to get to ol' Tormax. Unfortunately, no one was in the mood (funny how no one is in the mood when the shield guy isn't up). Well, luckily Kaemon was the hero of the night. He came to Kael, stood on King T's throne and summoned me. So I was standing there behind Tormax thinking, "If I hand him this head and nothing happens. . .I'ma be Numero Uno on a lot of shitlists." With palms a-sweating I handed King T (who on a good day, scowls at me, ready to attack) the head of Dain Fleshbeater. Luckily, unlike my 8th Coldain ring, I managed to not fuck this quest up beyond recognition. Felt really nice putting this bad-boy on tonight:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-18-2015, 06:20 PM
Planar Protector

Nice find!
Old 08-18-2015, 06:28 PM
Banned

hmm would also explain the people who were claiming that they turned in yelinak's head while dubious/apprehensive/indifferent(from sneaking)

perhaps tormax doesn't give a fuck about faction?
Closed Thread